[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Doctor Z's 3-face Mug Collection
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Doctor Z's 3-face Mug Collection
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 4:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Doctor Z,
Thanks for sharing. I have 2 of the thin Tonga Room mugs but what's interesting is that the order of the 3 faces is different on each. Anyone ever seen thais before?
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 5:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-05 16:23, Tiki Royale wrote:
Hey Doctor Z,
Thanks for sharing. I have 2 of the thin Tonga Room mugs but what's interesting is that the order of the 3 faces is different on each. Anyone ever seen thais before?
Aloha,

I've never seen it - got pictures? At one point, I actually found individual handled mugs of 2 of the 3 faces (OMC stickers, no location), but they arrived in pieces in shipping. I gave the pieces either to Sabu or TikiHula and I'm not sure what happened to them from that point. Guys?

TikiKate - the glazed Islander is the full size. I'm aware that there is also a tall, thin fully glazed Islander as well. (It's on my wish list)

I have been remiss to mention that a great number of these mugs were found/pointed out to me by fellow TCers, and I just wanted to show my appreciation to those of you who have kept an eye out for me over the years! THANKS EVERYBODY!! (Extra Special Thanks to Puamana, who simply gave me the 'Golden Wheel' mug, back at Oasis V!)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-05 12:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-11 08:07, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow, I am floored! I had seen some of these, but here are so many more, and from the rarest restaurants to find ANY vessel from:

Zombie Village, The Lanai, Kapu Kai, The Tikis, The Outrigger, Lattidude 20...

I would think Anderson's Split Pea is a much "rarer" restaurant to obtain a Tiki mug from!!?!?

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2009-01-18 2:48 pm   Permalink

Presenting Doctor Z's latest three-face mug find. A vanity mug that actually connects Shriner culture with Tiki culture.

Searching online, it appears that Mr. Baird was the Potentate for the Fresno, California shriner lodge.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-19 5:55 pm   Permalink

nice score!!

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-19 7:45 pm   Permalink

Doctor Z not allowed to post anymore?

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-11 07:55 am   Permalink

A great thread, shame about the red crosses...

Any more out there?

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-27 6:42 pm   Permalink

Here are the two versions of the Harvey's Mug, one with the cursive letters and one with the block letters.

DC

Red X updates.

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-30 12:06 am   Permalink

saw this on Etsy yesterday and didn't see it here, so:

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-24 4:47 pm   Permalink

Sure would be nice if all of the missing photos in the beginning of this thread were replaced. HINT, HINT.
Sabu.................!!!!!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation