FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki More Johnny Sens Tiki Mugs & Duncan Tiki Bowls on Ebay.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
More Johnny Sens Tiki Mugs & Duncan Tiki Bowls on Ebay.
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-25 1:05 pm   Permalink

Is that like the shoe guy Doc Martin?

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rch427
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-26 11:45 pm   Permalink

Umm...no.

Not that I listen to such music (nor that I would be ashamed to admit it if I did) but "Doc Martin" is one of the biggest DJs out there. Plays Ibiza, Cream, Liquid, etc. Travels the world on club owner's dimes, playing records in their clubs. I don't really understand it myself, but then I probably couldn't dance to house or whatever it is anyway.

Still, it's pretty weird to see my pudgy old friend from Fresno married to a top fashion model and flying between LA, NY and London every week, to play records. Funny old world.

View Profile of rch427 Send a personal message to rch427      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-27 10:52 am   Permalink

Which top fashion model and have you seen her naked?

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-09-27 6:54 pm   Permalink

I know what you mean about Doc Martin. I lived with him and his grandma for a little while when we were mods in San Francisco.
I remember him riding around town on his old Lambretta scooter that said "The Performer" on the side. And he used to DJ our mod gigs as "The Pengiun" until he changed his name.
I can't wait until my Vespa gets out of mothballs!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rch427
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-30 10:59 pm   Permalink

Gadzooks! Would your initials be "B.W." by any chance?

View Profile of rch427 Send a personal message to rch427      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-10-01 6:56 pm   Permalink

Yes, Mr Smiley's initials are "BW" and I am going to be on TV wednesday night-see other post.

PS-to "RCH" I am trying to figure out who you are-did you work at restaurants including one on Union Sreet back then?
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rch427
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-10-02 9:32 pm   Permalink

Hmmm...Well, I used to work at the restaurant "Square One", down off Jackson Square.

OK, I will reveal all through five clues--some embarassing, some benign.

1. Fresno (you already knew that)

2. About your height and build

3. Blonde

4. Red Allstate, white GS-160

and...

5. Becky Carson.

Guess which clue is embarassing.

Hello again, Bruce.

-- Robert

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-10-04 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'll chime in and admit that my family is from Madera--the gateway to Fresno--and I went to school in Fresno for 11 years and lived there on my own for about 4 years. Is the Luau still there?

Sorry to be so long in replying. Yeah, the Luau and the Leilani are still there, though in sad states. They don't have bars anymore. Both are now nasty all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets, but they still have the great signs out front. Until recently, the Luau also had a sign that read Tiki Bar at the side lounge entrance, but the door is bolted shut and the space is a storeroom. They took down the sign before I had a chance to buy it from them!

Ahhh...Madera. I have a good customer there, so I'm there all the time, hanging with what we call "Madera Thug Life". Fresno isn't really the end of the world. That would be Bakersfield. (I'm only kidding, Patrick! :)) The Tower District is a pretty cool place these days, but it's small. (Continuing to fly OT) Anyone ever try a Stockholm? It's served at a restaurant in Fresno:

1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup
1 oz vodka
Shake and strain and fill rest of cocktail glass with pink champagne. (Alternately, a Stockholm Royale includes a splash of Chambord on top). Mmmm..good!

The hardest part about making this drink is bringing yourself to buy pink champagne where people can see you.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 4:02 pm   Permalink

martiki6 wrote:
<<The hardest part about making this drink is bringing yourself to buy pink champagne where people can see you.>>

The symptoms of Stockholm syndrome include the ability to buy pink champagne in public.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation