FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts bondage instructions for glass floats?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 ) Remove Highlighting
bondage instructions for glass floats?
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 10:21 am   Permalink

damn fine knot tying and great consistency....

Nice

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 1:41 pm   Permalink

great knot work Skip - that float is a beauty!

As far as weathering....I would suggest not using nylon rope next time. Use a (preferrably used) manilla type rope and wet it for up to 24 hours to get it nice and flexable (depending on the type of rope you use, becuase some are already very flexable)) and keep it wet while you're tying your knots. Then stick it outside for a while. It will "weather up" nicely.

I'm very impressed with all of your creations. they look very vintage, even though they are recently created.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 8:10 pm   Permalink

you had me at bondage!

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 8:38 pm   Permalink

This is the first float I tied, using a cotton rope. I used only 6 pairs of rope instead of 12 to make it easier. It needs to have a soaking to toighten it up a bit. I dyed the formerly white rope with tea. It's a little crooked in this picture because I haven't got it hanging correctly.

Float tied with jute or hemp(hurts the hands, but comes in a nice natural colour) I can't tie with this stuff, it hurts my hands too much. Splinters and all.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-27 9:16 pm   Permalink

That green one is great! I dyed my ropes with shoe polish. Worked fine.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-09 09:00 am   Permalink

This is how I keep my rope/knots even. Start on a styrofoam ball And pin down your knots. This way you can see if its even or not and make adjustments. When you are half way done take out styrofoam ball and put in glass ball. Then tie rest of float.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation