FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Super Soaker Combat - Tiki Oasis IV!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Super Soaker Combat - Tiki Oasis IV!
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 07:45 am   Permalink

It's
WARRRRRRRRR asis

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 07:57 am   Permalink

Bax, why don't you bring your paint gun? ...and freeze the paint balls....

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 09:02 am   Permalink

watch out for the gernaids and flaming tennis balls from the crows nest!!!

(p.s. how to turn family fun into total chaos!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 09:30 am   Permalink

To quote a wise man...

Quote:

On 2004-04-01 11:03, PolynesianPop wrote:

...that shit hurts...

Tbird

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-05-04 09:31 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 10:53 am   Permalink

Maybe I'll get another high-colonic from Crazy Al a la Oasis II...

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-04 07:57, PolynesianPop wrote:

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 12:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-04 07:57, PolynesianPop wrote:

Funny! We used to do that in the Army, when we paint balled against navy guys at a place near chinaman's hat, in Hawaii...

We would always freeze them, and if we could, would shoot the navy guys "execution style" (up really, really close) in the back of the head, where the mask was not!

Goofy bunch of guys, huh?

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 12:34 pm   Permalink

Will Caliente be checking for water weapons at the Gate or do we have to sneak them in?

Tbird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-05-04 12:35 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-05-04 12:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-04 12:34, Tiki Bird wrote:
Will Caliente be checking for water weapons at the Gate or do we have to sneak them in?

Tbird.

Casey at Caliente Tropics personally asked me to act as a sort of super soaker armory. As such, he requested you give Bong your weapons until such time as they are needed. I promise to persoannly let you know when you need your weapon

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 3:16 pm   Permalink

Sorry to burst your bubble(s) but...

Per Casey, he said "I would really rather NOT have any SuperSoakers at all. For any other time it wouldn't be a problem, but because of the overwhelming amount of people that will be attending this event, SuperSoakers would be a problem that he really doesn't want to have to handle. Too many kids, too many people, and someone is bound to have a problem or get hurt".

This is the exact response when I asked him directly (which only took a simple phone call) asking if it is ok to have any type of squirtgun/supersoaker/watershooting devices on the premises.

From a business owner point of view, as well as knowing/reading MANY unfortunate instances myself (the wife is vice-pres of an insurance company), liability is a great worry. I can just see someone heading up to the vendor area with a water cannon shooting off a load, pissing off many a shopper, vendor and possibly hitting the stage area with all the electrical equipment (yup, there goes the entertainment), not to mention that the vendors have power running at their tables. Don't discount the fact that it wouldn't happen.

Don't say that you didn't know ahead of time.

I am just the messenger, not the rule maker.

Last thought: In this age of cell phone, PDA's, digital cameras/videocams and portable laptop computers, I sure hope a fight doesn't break out from a water shooting person ruining an expensive piece of equipment carried by an unknowing bystander. Better bring cash ready to calm your soaked, flaming-mad victim.

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2004-05-04 15:35 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 4:49 pm   Permalink

I think that all the squirt gun sh*t talking has been taken too seriously by some of you. The point was to draw up some fun drama in advance of the event. I do not truly beleive that anyone would be assaulting other guests who were not interested in participating. The point is to show up with a few pool toys to make it fun. The Oasis is a crowded event. Not much room for running, ducking and covering. We were only planning on using them to shoot eachother in the pool. When surrounded with other people, its all about being considerate of one's surroundings.

I think some of you underestimate the average intelligence and consideration of your fellow attendees if anyone beleives that someone would randomly open fire in the vendor area or near someone elses electronics.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-05-04 5:09 pm   Permalink

I'd have to say Monkeyman hit the nail on the head. I was only having a little fun. I'm sure a couple of members that posted responses have already U-Moderate a bitch message to Hanford once again about the "out of control" Bong.

Sugar, I'm well aware of risk management, besides handling all finances for the City I work for, I also handle our self-insurance activities. Don't you think I know the price of equipment seeing that I'm bringing several thousand dollars worth of it. Relax and have a Mai Tai.

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-05-04 17:12 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 5:58 pm   Permalink

Are Bax's balls banned this year too?

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 7:02 pm   Permalink

Yes, I agree with Monkeyman and Bong.
I believe most of us are intelligent enough to know when and where water power would be appropriate.
Sugah, don't check the in-room booze rules, or you will get SOAKED!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 7:15 pm   Permalink

There will be booze in the rooms?

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation