FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 02:15 am   Permalink

great work as always surfer. keep it up. did you carve that palm yet?

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 02:36 am   Permalink

I Agree with JT, this odd shaped piece of wood has brought out the Best in you. This piece really Flows. When you have to work to make it all fit right, it seems you get a little something Extra. Very well done. I Love it.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 1:20 pm   Permalink

Sweeeet! Turned out awesome.........

Tiki G.

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 5:26 pm   Permalink

Oh my gawd Mr. Surfer........that last curved piece is your total masterpiece! Just flows and goes all bent and beautiful!
awesome awesome awesome.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 5:55 pm   Permalink

You took out all the "log" and all that's left is tiki. That's a fine piece, Lake. Lots of character and it's not even done.

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 5:59 pm   Permalink

I agree. I'd be damn proud of that one LakeSurfer. Are you still gonna make a fountain out of it?

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-12 12:09 am   Permalink

Thanks all for the kind words! I'm happy with it but in my mind I have a long way to go yet... or not... I have to look at it more... I'm my worst critic... that whole trip...

As for a fountain... I don't know yet... I think the mouth is too low for the two bowls I wanted the water to flow in... I may do a thinner log that's taller for the fountain.

"You took out all the "log" and all that's left is tiki."

I like how that sounds! It was sort of my goal but when you have that much wood it seems like an overwhelming task... especially with chisels... the twist and bend in the log was a challenge, but in nature you take what you can get!

Jimmy... the palm is next! I have it on the carving bench I just have to come up with a design... it is a special log so I want to carve a special tiki out of it...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-12 4:33 pm   Permalink

Lake Surfer -

Are your shelves for sale? I like the bamboo-trimmed shelves you posted a while back...do you have a site/contact info where I can order?

Thanks

View Profile of Tiki Diva Send a personal message to Tiki Diva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 09:32 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:15 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 10:42 am   Permalink

Looks good Lake, nice job.

Stick to the Pine. Too many negatives with palm from what I've learned, and I've learned the hard way. Palm is not all it's cracked up to be in "my own humble opinion". It molds, is stringy as you say, it rots, is extra heavy until it dries, is very splintery, attempting detail work sucks with it and it is hard as hell to de-bark.

Hell, I just spent $938.00 getting (11) 5' clean peeled white pine logs freighted to me and there is free palm all around me here. That should tell you my feelings on palm right there. Wish I had a local supply of pine as you guys, just as you wish you had the palm....go figure.

The big sucker rocks!

Rip, Tear and Lacerate.......

Tiki G.

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak on 2005-01-13 10:42 ]

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-20 10:21 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:14 ]

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-21 04:15 am   Permalink

Most excellent work Surfer! He's definately got character with the benz and all. Keep posting.

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-21 5:23 pm   Permalink

That has probably got to my favorite Tiki I have ever seen!
Its all bent and moving like its alive and drunk and looking for a little wahine to drink with.........cool!
The belly all fat and greasy is a great touch.....GREAT JOB Mr. Surfer!

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-21 6:30 pm   Permalink

that one rules... he looks so trashed, like he's about to fall over and pass the f#*$ out!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-22 1:59 pm   Permalink

This one's definately got personality.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation