FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events MOTOR CITY TIKI ART SHOW & PARTY - June 19, 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
MOTOR CITY TIKI ART SHOW & PARTY - June 19, 2004
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-14 11:49 am   Permalink

They will definitely be available at the show, but you may want to try and get there earlier in the evening.

Matt

Quote:

On 2004-06-12 11:53, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
Hey,

What's the deal with the raffle tix? The day I tried to get 'em, they were not yet available and now I might not get to that side of town again for a while.

Will they be sold at the show as well? or are they advance only?

-Z

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 06:35 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who came out the the show on Saturday night. Wow!!! What a great crowd and a great bunch of Tiki art. I'll get some pics up on here pretty soon.

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 08:09 am   Permalink

Heres a pic of the bar I built for the event. The restaurant didn't have an actual bar to serve drinks from, so I put this together for them. It was for sale, but it was so packed with drinkers I don't think anyone even knew about it:

SURFTIKI33
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-21 08:15 am   Permalink

My wife and I had a great time, some really
cool stuff . My wallet is a whole lot lighter. I hope this could become an annual
event??..

View Profile of SURFTIKI33 Send a personal message to SURFTIKI33  Email SURFTIKI33 Goto the website of SURFTIKI33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 08:24 am   Permalink

It was nice to finally meet some of you. I had great time even though I had to leave early & my wife couldn't make it and to top it off most of my pics didn't turn out. Great to see such a large crowd. Perhaps it'll inspire further work on Chin Tiki (?)
I'll try to post what few pics did turn out soon.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 09:06 am   Permalink

Mattfink I think you should bring that bar to Wisconsin for the Tiki Pa'ina event to try and sell it, or at least we can try to have as much fun drinking from it as the Motor City crowd. Sorry I missed such a good time.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 10:17 am   Permalink

Tiki-toa:

Tell me more about the Wisconsin event!!! When, where, who, etc?

thanks,

Matt

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 1:13 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=9276&forum=4&21

Matt and anyone else here is the link to the Wisconsin event things are coming together now so take a look any and all are welcome to this lets make this a party to remember. Looking for more artists and carvers and just plain good ole tiki freaks.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 6:08 pm   Permalink

Here, as promised are my sad excuse for pictures. None of the pics of carvings or art turned out, sorry...

If you squint, you can see 2 tikis out front...

Backs of peoples heads...

Fuzzy DJ...

Eating the remains of the original Chin Tiki...

Anybody have something better to post?

-Z

[ This Message was edited by: feelin' zombified on 2004-06-21 18:10 ]

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 10:52 am   Permalink

Ok, got some pics together:

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 12:02 pm   Permalink

Hey FZ,
Thanx for posting pics! The place was really packed on Saturday and it was hard to check out the Decor. Chin's is a really cool place with a lot of fantastic Tiki artifacts. We had a great time.

Dave & Coalbe

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge on 2004-06-22 12:06 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 12:27 pm   Permalink

Mattfink~ Dude the pictures rock, and man I am really bummed even more now that I did not make it. Can you tell me how to get a hold of some of these artists that are in the pictures? 1. I want them for the WI. event and 2. I wanna buy some of their stuff!
It looks like you guys did a great job, now the pressure is on me to come through with a good event, jeez.

Toa

mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 2:53 pm   Permalink

T.T.,

Len at
www.speedcult.com is the guy who did the metal stuff.

Jimi Litwalk and Jeff Shea both work out of Electric Superstition Tattoo in Royal Oak:

http://www.eskustoms.com/

Mark from Lucky Monkey Tattoo in Ann Arbor did the Hula-Fink painting:

http://www.luckymonkeytattoo.com/

Dave Krys of DSK designs did the lamps:

http://www.dskdesigns.com/

Jimmy Robinson did the Witco style bar (he's here lurking on T.C. somewhere).

Hope this will help you out a bit. There were more artists there, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Matt

BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-24 12:50 am   Permalink

Man! Chin's was great!!! I was in detroit for a fellow DEADBEATS' wedding and managed to get a few striping pieces done in time for the show...the even sold! The skateboard was painted by Jeff Shea and the 3 paintings next to the skateboard were painted by Jime' Litwalk. Had a really good time. If I can get some pics from Jime', I'll post some of them (my digital's card was full...damn!) nice job on the show, Nancy and Jime'! Anyways...good to see some of ya'll and maybe next time I can meet some more of you.

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 08:41 am   Permalink

Barnett,

Thanks for coming and doing the trays! They looked great and sold like hotcakes.

Matt

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation