FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mister Tiki (San Diego) - Saturday, June 12th - Who's In?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Mister Tiki (San Diego) - Saturday, June 12th - Who's In?
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 08:03 am   Permalink

We wanna We wanna We wanna
GO
GO
GO
GO

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 3:25 pm   Permalink

Update: I've left several messages at the restaurant that have not been returned yet. I think they're feeling the pressure of the opening drawing near, so I'm trying to cut them some slack. As far as I know, our date is still on for June 12th. I will post definite info as soon as I have it, hopefully within the next couple of days.

By the way, a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to see several of the large scale Bosko tikis for the restaurant in person. WOW!!! I think everyone will be impressed!!!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 3:50 pm   Permalink

Hey! add two please...

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 4:17 pm   Permalink

Not 15 minutes after I posted that last message complaining about Mister Tiki not calling me back...I got a call back from Mister Tiki. I wonder if they're monitoring this forum?

Anyway, here is the latest info...Mister Tiki will officially open on Wednesday, June 9th. They will accept a reservation for our group on June 12th but they were very nervous about us being there so soon after their opening. I sense that they sincerely want to impress this group but are not confident they can deliver "the level of service that we deserve" just days after opening. Given that, do we want to show up on June 12th anyway, or maybe delay it a week until the 19th?

A couple of additional bits of noteworthy info. They can only accomodate groups no larger than 20 people, at least for the time being. By my count, there are already 25 people who have expressed an interest in going (not all were definite). Also, if we reserve for June 12th, the only time they can take us is 6:00 PM.

I'm sure several people have already made plans revolving around the original date so my personal recommendation is to go with that reservation on Saturday, June 12th at 6:00 PM. Of course, any input is appreciated. Within the next few days I will need to get an accurate head count from people who can commit on being there. Mahalo!

ModMana

[ This Message was edited by: modmana on 2004-06-03 20:59 ]

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 4:26 pm   Permalink

The 12th is good for Utopiandreem & i.

Confirm us please!

Tbird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-06-03 16:27 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 5:33 pm   Permalink

If there is room for us we are in.. if others are on the list first, we understand. Let us know.
Mahalo

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-03 10:58 pm   Permalink

I am definitely planning on making the trip over, although you don't have to count me in for dinner reservations--I'll be showing up a bit later for the most important aspect--The "beloved cocktails." Look forward to being back in San Diego, and especially look forward to seeing the tiki clan again~~Cousin Dave

[ This Message was edited by: Cousin Dave on 2004-06-03 23:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cousin Dave on 2004-06-03 23:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cousin Dave on 2004-06-03 23:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cousin Dave on 2004-06-03 23:05 ]

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 11:39 pm   Permalink

I think the early invasion of TCers could prove to be an infusion of positive mana for Mr. Tiki. Just imagine, as soon as they open their doors, here comes Tiki Central! TC will cut them some slack, no? If they are worried that their bartenders won't be completely up to speed, I am confident that there will be some good tutors present.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 08:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-03 15:25, ModMana wrote:
By the way, a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to see several of the large scale Bosko tikis for the restaurant in person. WOW!!!

I told you!!!

Rich, I'm in for either the 12th or the 19th but I'm AM definitely going. Please include me on the reservation. Thanks!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 09:00 am   Permalink

We're in,
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 10:34 am   Permalink

I'm not just in like Flynn, I'm in like a capuchin monkey. But only if it's the 12th, all my other weekends until mid-July I'm out of state.

I hereby swear that I will cut them incredible slack. The drinks will be wonky, the service will be slow, the food will be hit & miss. That's okay, we all know that's how it works when a place is new.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 10:37 am   Permalink

Still In..Me and the Mrs.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 5:50 pm   Permalink

Same here. Count us in. We still like the 12th. I promise not to throw a fit if they run out of paper umbrellas. If the group size is a problem, can we split into two groups & mingle? The Gaslamp is usually pretty insane on saturday nite...it's hard to gage what the crowd will be like at a new restaurant.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 09:21 am   Permalink

We're in - 3 people.

Thanks,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 11:07 am   Permalink

We are there ! x2

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation