FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mister Tiki (San Diego) - Saturday, June 12th - Who's In?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Mister Tiki (San Diego) - Saturday, June 12th - Who's In?
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-06-05 1:02 pm   Permalink

If work permits, we are in. We are moving from the South Bay to SanDiego in the next months, and it is exciting to know there will be a watering hole besides the Bali Hai to suck down a Mai tai at.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nai'a

Posted: 2004-06-05 5:45 pm   Permalink

I plan on joining the TCrs for this event - so count us in (2). Mahalo nui!

View Profile of Nai'a Send a personal message to Nai'a      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 8:15 pm   Permalink

I'm in, just me this time.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 02:32 am   Permalink

Official Date: Saturday, June 12th, 6:00 PM.

Mister Tiki is requiring that we give them an accurate count of our group in order to secure a reservation. So, below is the list of everyone who has indicated (either in this thread or privately) that they will be attending. Some indicated that they would join us for drinks after dinner. If you need to change your status or the number of people please let me know ASAP (I'll edit the list as I hear from people). Also, it looks like we're going to be well over their 20 person limit for a reservation. Don't worry, I'll make sure we'll all get in.

(33 Total) Dinner
(3) ModMana +2
(2) Monkeyman + 1
(2) Alnshely
(3) kick_the_reverb +2
(1) PolynesianPop
(2) Shipwreckjoey +2
(1) Humuhumu
(1) floratina
(1) freddiefreelance
(2) OnaTiki + Moki
(4) vintagegirl + Atomic Cocktail
(2) thechikitiki +1
(2) Nai'a +1
(2) thebaxdog + KuKui Nut
(2) Tonga King +1
(2) MEAN GENE + Weence
(2) Secret Special Guest +1

(5 Total) After Dinner Drinks
(2) Tiki Bird + Utopian Dream
(1) Cousin Dave
(2) Doctor Z + Z-Girl

Mahalo,
ModMana

[ This Message was edited by: ModMana on 2004-06-11 13:11 ]

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 07:44 am   Permalink

Baxdog and KuKui Nut
We are in
With no kids
Damn I miss them already.
(It is still pre-fathers day)
We just got a room at La Pensione.
What kids??????

Have no brakes Cannot stop
Saddog

[ This Message was edited by: thebaxdog on 2004-06-07 08:14 ]

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 09:56 am   Permalink

A huge thanks to Modmana for taking the time to organize us and keep us together as a group. I am looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday. If anyone wants to cut down on their drive from the North, we can carpool in our van. (seats 7) I live in Vista, about 10 minutes from Oceanside.

760-458-3687 cell

Mahalo

Da MoNkEyMaN

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-07 2:26 pm   Permalink

This sounds like way too much fun..
We will have 2 to 4 people in our party for Dinner and Drinks...

View Profile of Tonga King Send a personal message to Tonga King  Email Tonga King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 4:37 pm   Permalink

I got my weekends mixed up and showed up to Mr.Tiki's yesterday on the way back from a Mex trip... only to be turned away they were preparing for their insiders run through. I tried to get in by dropping Bosko's name but got no further. The bar was not faced yet, but the rest of the place looks great! kind of Shaggy elements with a Bosko in every available spot. Hot Asian girls in traditional Dragon Lady dress will greet you.

my only TC comment would be I'd would have done the logo differently

have fun, I'll miss this one

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 8:28 pm   Permalink

Mahalo ModMana for takin' care of bizness. See ya there.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 9:53 pm   Permalink

ModMana, since we have 40 people, can they break us up into 8 tables of 5? It's worlds easier to burn a 5 top than try to bring out 40 hot meals at the same time. They'll still have 40 people, but they only have to assemble 5 plates at a time. It's just a suggestion as amelioration for having a group that's twice as big as they think they can handle.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 11:07 pm   Permalink

Here's a sneak peak...
http://www.tikibosko.com/mr_tiki.html

Quote:
On 2004-06-07 21:53, freddiefreelance wrote:
ModMana, since we have 40 people, can they break us up into 8 tables of 5? It's worlds easier to burn a 5 top than try to bring out 40 hot meals at the same time. They'll still have 40 people, but they only have to assemble 5 plates at a time. It's just a suggestion as amelioration for having a group that's twice as big as they think they can handle.

They will be breaking up the overall group into smaller groups of 10-15. However, all the tables will be in close proximity.

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-08 10:57 am   Permalink

Rich, your secret is safe with me. Ok what is it?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-08 11:37 am   Permalink

Heres a map for you out of town folk. Good luck with the parking.

Get Directions to Mr. Tiki

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-08 7:56 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. Darn it! Take and post lotsa pix. Aloha.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-09 07:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-07 02:32, ModMana wrote:
Official Date: Saturday, June 12th, 6:00 PM.

(6 Total) Unknown
(2) Doctor Z + Z-Girl
(2) sirginn +1
(1) MachTiki

Mahalo,
ModMana

[ This Message was edited by: ModMana on 2004-06-08 23:37 ]

ModMana,

Thanks for thinking of me and to eveyone who e-mailed me asking if I was coming. Unfortuntely I have a band gig that night (almost every Saturday for that matter), and I can't get out of it.

If any of you live in Coastal North County (and aren't too loopy on Mai Tai's) drop by "The Beach House" in Cardiff on your way home. I'll be playing there until 11:00pm. You can brag about how much fun you had.

Gonna go cry now.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation