FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki house remodel (updated 06-19-05 with patio pics pg 8)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki house remodel (updated 06-19-05 with patio pics pg 8)
TikiBud
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-29 3:11 pm   Permalink

Absolutely Awesome!
I've been hit 5 times by my wife followed by" why can't you do this?"

GREAT JOB!

View Profile of TikiBud Send a personal message to TikiBud      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 1:16 pm   Permalink

Ona!!
Paradise on Paradise.
A perfect example of what the love of Tiki can do.
Thanks for inspiring us all, and I can't wait to have the pleasure of visiting your "escape" some day soon.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 2:35 pm   Permalink

Cheese and crackers!! I've been sittin here since 5/1, the day I first saw the updated pix, just goin whoa!! I was stunned! Absolutely top notch! I can hear Denny and ice melting.
On a personal note-your first pix inspired me to go the whole enchilada and redo the dining room all tiki all the time. The lanai has always been tiki, but now it's sprawling.
Thanks for all the tips you share with all us do it yerselfers! You should have classes on all the cool stuff you did. I'd pay!! Do you take Home Depot credit cards...?

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooPrincess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-09 06:37 am   Permalink

WOW! Can I borrow you for awhile ..
Please..... post some tutes on how to make the lava looking formations....Did you make all of them....what recipe did you use? Thanks love your work
I need details.... And your lamps are all so cool!....

View Profile of BambooPrincess Send a personal message to BambooPrincess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowman67

Posted: 2005-06-09 07:15 am   Permalink

I just want to say that I absolutely love your house. The night shots are amazing and the lighting is perfect. I can't even imagine what the inside looks like and the future projects will be like.

~Bowm

View Profile of Bowman67 Send a personal message to Bowman67      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 11:35 am   Permalink

The patio is finally done and here are the last of the pictures. We're ready for the party!!

Here are a few shots of the front. It's getting to be quite a jungle!!

Thanks again for looking. Hope to see you at the party.
Aloha

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Red Sand Man

Posted: 2005-06-19 1:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha Ona,

Your Palapa's did they come as a kit? If so did they include the center pole, or did you have to locate that yourself? And lastly who and where did you get them from?

Oh and the legal question, do they come flame retarded already?

Erick

View Profile of Red Sand Man Send a personal message to Red Sand Man  Email Red Sand Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 6:03 pm   Permalink

WOW...this is what all tiki bars aspire to be! I just can't afford this much tiki & I can't carve fast enough. Maybe I'll get to this stage by the time I retire. THANKS for sharing.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 6:46 pm   Permalink

What's the story on this Tiki in the foreground? Carved? Cast? Sculpted? Could you post a close up of this one? It's awesome !

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 7:08 pm   Permalink

It's a birdbath!!

It's cast concrete and we bought it about 4 years ago at Armstong nursery here in San Diego. I've seen some people use it as a planter also.

Thanks for all the kind words. Keeps us motivated.

Aloha!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 7:33 pm   Permalink

Wow! That was fast! Thanks.

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 8:48 pm   Permalink

wonderful pics of a wonderful place...
great collection of tikis...thanks for
posting...truly something to aspire to!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 04:54 am   Permalink

Looks great... Party?

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 05:09 am   Permalink

Wow, that's nice. You're own little backyard resort. Too cool.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 10:40 am   Permalink

Hey Ona - WOW! is there anything left to do? We were talking at the Oasis and you guys had just finished the patio bar! What an amazing space, I had no idea that you had done so much prior to the patio.

Our house is about 75% of where we want it to be, (the baby's room is all that's left) and it's really great to see someone else's timeline.

The other day I had a lamp delivered to the office and everyone was asking what was in the big box, and when I tell them, they roll their eyes and say stuff like "I don't even want to KNOW what your house looks like..." OHHH, you'd be pretty impressed, I THINK

'Lay-people' assume tiki means tacky, which is funny, because of all the TC home bars I've seen, I've never seen anything tacky, just beautiful, creative and artistic. It was really gratifying this past weekend, we had a wedding shower and no one but the bride had been to our house before (she was our 'minister' at the Oasis wedding, so she knows...) But it was really great how all of her friends, in-laws, etc. LOVED our house, bar, art, etc. And I can guess that they would have been eye rollers, if told the party was at a house that was 'tiki'.

You've set the bar (pun intended) pretty high, and I for one REALLY appreciate it!

We will make it down to SD, not for the party, but someday!

Mrs. Pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation