FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki house remodel (updated 06-19-05 with patio pics pg 8)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki house remodel (updated 06-19-05 with patio pics pg 8)
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 9:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-01 22:31, OnaTiki wrote:
We bought our home three years ago. It was built in 1959. Needless to say it needed to be remodeled.

cool.
Love those 50s homes!

lesseeeee....
ona tiki lounge;
trans.
the infatuated tiki lounge?!

this place of yours should be on dat before and after HGTV show!

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 12:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-02 14:55, diesel tiki wrote:
how did you build the stone tiki head?

It's a 7' sono-tube filled with concrete, wire mesh is then applied to the outside to shape it. Several more coats of concrete, texture it, color it and you're done. Instant Moai !

Quote:

On 2004-06-02 20:49, Atomicchick wrote:
Your house is beautiful and your landscaping is out of this world! Are you for hire?

Absolutly,
If you're in the San Diego area and are really serious, PM me.

Mahalo,

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 02:29 am   Permalink

suuuuweeeet!

Hello again my friends, it was great meeting you 2!

I love your pix of your casa and will for sure be by to spend a night in da hut out back! That little opened area looks like I could just melt in those nice lounge chairs and get no carving done!

Hope you had fun in paradise and will see you guys again!

Aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 3:50 pm   Permalink

That is truly an awesome transformation!!! Makes me wish we didn't live in a neighborhood with a homeowner's association. As much as I would love it, I know we could never convince them to let us have a large tiki in the front yard. I also really like the carving details on your deck posts and trim. I'm sure the backyard will be equally great when you're finished. Great work! We'd like to stop sometime, if you don't mind, and check it out in person.

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 5:19 pm   Permalink

What a KILLER job. I especially dig the lighting. It looks super good at night. If it was a restaurant or a bar, I'd pay money to get in!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 12:59 am   Permalink

WoW!!!Love it!
Can you recommend any tropical/tiki landscapers near south O.C.?

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 10:16 am   Permalink

Oh you make me so mad....

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 8:36 pm   Permalink

I was looking at the Nikon at Costco today and thought of the two of you. I think I may have to go back tomorrow and buy it. I love how the pics came out.

Are you going to post anything from Hawaii or should I go first?

The yard is amazing. Are you going to put up some shots of the interior? I'd like to see how you display your newest aquisitions.

Aloha,
Kate

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
motiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-05 8:47 pm   Permalink

What a great job! You are Trader Ona Tiki!

View Profile of motiki Send a personal message to motiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 9:05 pm   Permalink

I want you to adopt me or at least give me the den with a fold out couch. Those pictures effing ROCK! but what about the inside of the house? Is it the next project or what? I'm dying to know. Well not dying per-se. But you know what I mean... spill the beans my man.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-06 07:02 am   Permalink

OK, I forgive you.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-06 6:43 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap!

how did I miss this post for so long?

Anyway, seeing such a beautiful finished project like that makes me wanna just give up. You have set a new high standard for backyards...

BTW, did I see a fire pit? is it natural gas? Excellent idea... please give some details on how you put it together.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jay_G
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-06 9:14 pm   Permalink

Wow, you really should contact HGTV about that extreme makeover!

I feel inspired to create an Oasis like that! The volcano next to the pool, what is that? Is that real water going into the pool or is it, painted to look like it?

The mural is wonderful, and I agree Monster House has NOTHING on you! But I imagine yours took more then 5 days.

View Profile of Jay_G Send a personal message to Jay_G      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 12:57 am   Permalink

Feeling Z...
Yes, that is a fire pit. Natural gas line with a burner from BBQ's Galore covered by Lava rock.

Unc.....Yes the inside is finished. We'll get those pics up soon. You are always welcome.

Here's the pics of the 'Ona Tiki Lounge as it is today.

Can you hear the jungle drums? What's that off in the the distance?

getting closer....

You have arrived! Would you like a Mai Tai? Have a look around.

Some of our collection of carved treasures. Anybody recognize the carver of the large one with the red eyes?

Thanks for coming. Hope you enjoyed your mai tais.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 05:39 am   Permalink

Sure, thats a Gecko original. Sorta looks like ALL of TC approves of your Re-Do. Looks like you put Heart,Body and Soul into the project and I believe we are All proud along with you. THANKS for sharing this tremendous project.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation