FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki house remodel (updated 06-19-05 with patio pics pg 8)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki house remodel (updated 06-19-05 with patio pics pg 8)
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 1:19 pm   Permalink

First of all, thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments. It's makes the effort we put into this all worth while.

We can't wait for the party either. We are hoping for late June or early July. All will be invited and we hope to see many of you here.

Lake Surfer-The only thing that could make it better is one of your poles in the bar.

Kahaka- Thanks bro! Keep those lamps coming.

Slacks, Hala, Dawn & Feelin Z- Thanks!!

DocWoods- Thanks Doc, we are very proud.

Ben- Don't tell the Mai Kai. Why you outing us??!! When are you coming out? Your room is still waiting!

Pop- End of June/Early July

No Clue- Yes... there were no forms used. Most of it was free formed. The wire mesh is the kind used for tile work. You can find it at your local building supply (Home Depot)

Tiki-Bot- Yes, this is our back yard. The roof over the bar is formed by the deck above that is attached to the granny flat above the garage. The view into the bar is from our back door of the house leading onto the patio.

Mermaidhouse- The barstools were from Wacky Wicker on Mira Mesa Blvd. They had lots of fabric and other style to choose from.

Dr. Shocker - I am the regular drunk, but occasionaly would enjoy the company another drunk.

MM - You will never be charged admission!!

Thanks again to all. Glad we could finally share. We'll post more pics once the patio is done.

Mahalo!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 2:37 pm   Permalink

Once again, HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 2:49 pm   Permalink

Your house is absolutely incredible. It sounds like you are going to enjoy it to the max. Congratulations on a great job.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 4:47 pm   Permalink

Ona & Moki, your backyard paradise is awesome, cant wait for Utopiandreem & i to see it in person!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 7:05 pm   Permalink

Extremely nice, hope I can see it in person this summer. Beautiful pictures, thanks.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 8:19 pm   Permalink

Can I live there?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mermaidhouse

Posted: 2005-05-03 08:56 am   Permalink

Hate to be a pest, but since you are apparently North County and we are East County, I'd like to pick your brains on vendors (like the barstools). Where did you get the thatch fringe on your overhang (OA?) - it looks like you covered the top with split bamboo - OA also?

Your talent is unbelievable, and the ability to get so much done in such a short period of time is beyond me. Hope to see it in person some day!

dick

View Profile of mermaidhouse Send a personal message to mermaidhouse  Email mermaidhouse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:10 am   Permalink

Mermaidhouse- We're not in North County, we're San Diego proper. The split bamboo and the thatch was purchased at Solai bamboo on Morena Blvd. You can find their info in the locating tiki forum.

The thatch comes 30" wide and you buy it by the foot. We just cut it in half height wise and nailed the bamboo over the top to hide the edge.

If you need anymore info, drop us a PM.

Aloha

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 3:52 pm   Permalink

Yeah - it's pretty good and all...

...but it's missing something.

Hmmmmmm - let's see.

Oh, I know - it's missing a big, fat uke player/singer with a massive thirst for rum.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 4:56 pm   Permalink

Onatiki, that's astounding! And I'm within party range! Thanks for sharing your big effort with us. You did a great job!

A-a

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuimaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-05 12:10 am   Permalink

Love the sea turtle. Is that rubber, cement, plaster, pained wood?
I live in Sacramento so my plant choises are a little more restricted, but I am working on what was our pool area here in the apartments. When it was beyond repair they filled it in and made it a giant planter. It now has queen palm, windmill palm,pigmy date palm, blood banana,hibiscus, brugmansia, cannas, morea, hot pink pelorgoniums, blue potato tree,taro, bird of paradise and butterfly ginger with blue day flower as a ground cover. Now it just needs to mature a bit and I need to hang some tiki plaques on the fence and The Tiki Garden will be open for business by the 4th of July 4.

View Profile of nuimaleko Send a personal message to nuimaleko  Email nuimaleko Goto the website of nuimaleko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-06 5:16 pm   Permalink

I saw your incredible lamp thread, but had missed this one.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

that bar is beyond words. No need to go out any more or waste $$$ on cab fare. Simply beautiful. Lookin' forward to june/july

Just went back through the entire thread again....AND with original GECKOS!!! OH, MAN you have the ultimate pad, my friend. Too cool, too cool.

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-05-06 17:20 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 08:12 am   Permalink

Super Colassal!would love to see in person.
Aloha.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 6:27 pm   Permalink

For once, I'm speechless! Your place is inspirational. Wow! Wow!

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-05-07 10:35 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oceansidebill

Posted: 2005-05-20 3:01 pm   Permalink

Great work , I remodeled my entire house in Oceanside over the last 2 years and just started the back yard 2 weeks ago in a island theme.I carved my first tiki out of a piece of fire wood now I am hooked!

View Profile of oceansidebill Send a personal message to oceansidebill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation