FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Beach Burn July 17th - Who's In?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Beach Burn July 17th - Who's In?
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 08:06 am   Permalink

From the prior posts, am I to infer that this is an alcohol restricted beach or is it simply a container issue?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 08:06, Monkeyman wrote:
From the prior posts, am I to infer that this is an alcohol restricted beach or is it simply a container issue?

Well, it's both. No alcohol, but the police can verify the contents in EVERY container, so...

(I'm thinking about marinating hot dogs in vodka for 3 weeks and see if I get a buzz of 'em)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:36 am   Permalink

Does jello shots emit alcohol smell? That would be weird to see cops testing the jello.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-24 6:08 pm   Permalink

Speaking of emitting a smell on the beach, it sounds like it's not just storm runoff that's making the surf zone a little dark these days.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-06-25 10:19 am   Permalink

Yeah, 'closed' beaches are a drag, but it sure thins the surf lineup a bit!

suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 7:18 pm   Permalink

I am very bummed I just realized that I will be in San Francisco on this date. It really sucks, I was looking forward to this. Well I hope you guys can burnm one for me.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-06-28 09:05 am   Permalink

Hey!

We're going to do some sort of sand castle tiki contest or just one big ass sand tiki; bring 5 gallon buckets for water.

Also, bring a tiki torch if you got one.

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 10:02 am   Permalink

ass sand??

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 12:45 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:35 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 11:56 am   Permalink

As for hiding the booze.... a little trick from me piratin' adventures, buy the little bottles of alcohol they sell at fine liquor stores everywhere, for like $1.50 (Naturally, I prefer Captain Morgans but they sell all kinds of alcohol in these little bottles). You can hide them really well on your personage. I carry them to Ren Fairs and Pirate events in my little waist pouch. When ye be wantin' a drink, just pop open yer little bottle. If yer drink gets confiscated you are out $1.50 (and hopefully you've stashed more of the little bottles fer when the coast is clear...., he, he)

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 07:31 am   Permalink

OK now,
It is getting closer.
Now that the 4th has come and gone.
When looking for our spot this time, look for all of the red, white, and blue left overs.
Big flags, small flags, streamers, white ez-up, red ez-up.
HEY, does anyone have a blue ez-up?
And still does anyone have an extra weber they can bring down?
Vollyball set?
Horse shoes?
Needle point?
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-07-09 11:35 am   Permalink

Ah yes, the annual OC Hoiti Toiti Beachburn is upon us again!

This should/will/might/could/possibly be the funnest gig going at that time on that day.

Once again it's JULY 17th. Show up at the predesignated spot whenever (although Baxdog does some wild stuff later in the evening (?)) you want as our spot will be manned from 6am.

Bring any item you think might be entertaining: frisbee, kite, horseshoe, 9V battery, mayonaise, prior year's W-2's.

Also, bring some sort of over-sized digging utinsel for the tiki sandcastle contest (hey, Baxdog's offering $1,000 for first place).

Remember - Be Safe and file your income taxes on time.

Sincerly,

Mr Tiki Bong I

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 10:53 am   Permalink

I plan on arriving at about 10-11am with family in tow and all the beach toys we own. We will stay as long as my kids can hold out. Probably not late into the evening. See You all there.

Anyone have volleyball equipment?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:12 am   Permalink

Utopiandreem & i should be there around 3ish, will look for the mystery sail bax is setting up.

Tbird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-07-13 10:54 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 6:22 pm   Permalink

I'll be bringing some Spectacular East Indies Room sacrificial offerings to Pele...

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation