[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: World's Worst Tiki Listing
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
eBay: World's Worst Tiki Listing
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 11:32 am   Permalink

I wanted to ask this guy WTF he was thinking when he wrote this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3915533812&rd=1

...heres my favorite part:

"EBAY ALSO SAYS BIDDERS SHOULD ALLOW 2 WEEKS FOR MAIL DELIVERY & SOME METHODS OF SHIPPING MAY BE LONGER, THIS 2 WEEKS IS FOR THE MAIL DELIVERY OF THE ITEM,AFTER THE ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED. THIS IS FROM EBAYS PRINTED WORDS. MY MATH SAYS THAT IF YOU ADD THE 30 DAYS SELLERS HAVE TO SHIP ITEMS PLUS THE 2 WEEKS+ FOR MAIL DELIVERY, THAT MEANS THE ITEM'S ARRIVAL COULD BE UP TO 44 DAYS OR LONGER BEFORE IT IS EVEN CONSIDERED LATE. "

What an absolute moron!!!

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 11:49 am   Permalink

He's a big seller but I see that he's had 45 neg feedback in the last year and a quick glance showed that a few were from his slow shipping, and more than one said to the effect - Nice item. Takes forever to get, so be patient.
I wonder if the winner would be able to send payment sometime late August?

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 11:54 am   Permalink

I think his mind is slowly slipping away from him....

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 12:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-07 11:54, mattfink wrote:
I think his mind is slowly slipping away from him....

My mind was slipping away just reading his @#$& novella.

Someone needs to go over to his house and steal his Caps Lock button! We'll hold it captive, then once he's paid the ransom for it - we'll offer to ship it back. Ehehehehe.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 12:23 pm   Permalink

I'd like to think that someone would be willing to take his whole computer away from him...maybe he does his listing down at the public library or internet cafe?

Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 1:20 pm   Permalink

This guy has some serious mental problems!

I envision a house with 50 cats and garbage from the past 2 years.

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-07 2:45 pm   Permalink

this guy isnt just nuts, he should be nominated for Mr.Friendly Customer Service Seller of the year.

cripes. in all that text, is there any mention of the actual item for sale..like..how big it is?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 2:48 pm   Permalink

Have you noticed how much feedback is from the same people, calling him by his first name?

Subtle, Larry!
Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 2:51 pm   Permalink

This guy is a serious head case....

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 3:15 pm   Permalink

What does it say about the people that are bidding on his stuff though, think they all need to be put in a leaky boat with no paddles.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 3:22 pm   Permalink

As of 2pm PST there's been four bids on the thing today alone. Apparently Buford & Lucy don't mind late shipping.

Did anyone notice that one of Larry's feedbacks said: "Thank you for the marbles!!!!!!!! "

We all knew that Larry had lost his. Now we know where they went.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-07 3:59 pm   Permalink

That posting reminds me of the old Far Side cartoon - 'how nature says STAY AWAY'!

I got about a minute into the text, scrolled down, and began to wonder if I could carve one of those in the time it would take to finish reading the auction...

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 9:56 pm   Permalink

what I can't stand is the ALL CAPS approach.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 10:32 pm   Permalink

Yeah, somewhere in all that it could say "CUCK OFF LOSER I WILL NEVER SEND THIS BECAUSE I BURNED IT IN A FIRE" and then he'd have you by the fine print. "IF YOU READ THE AUCTION IT CLEARLY SAYS THE ITEM WAS DESTROYED."

It might be good to save this guy and check his auctions over the next year and see if the writing gets even longer and more bizarre. He may begin talking about the CIA or aliens or other pesky people messing with him...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 10:57 pm   Permalink

What an asshole! Because Ebay says I can wait 30 days before I have to send things I'll wait 30 days? - WTF??! I know a lot of Ebay sellers are slow in sending stuff - using the death in a family and family emergency cop out anytime they're too damn lazy to pull themselves away from daytime TV and go to the post office - but to advertise that the stuff is going to take over a month to ship has got to be the lamest! But don't leave him a negative feedback - he promises to return all negative comments!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation