FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Can we take over the Masons' job when they die?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Can we take over the Masons' job when they die?
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 09:14 am   Permalink

No one's joining the Masons anymore, their wonderful temples and wonderful ceremonies are going to go to waste.

I say TC is the proper heir to Masonic artifacts/rituals/conventions! I say the red fez will be in even more reverential hands with a TCer! I say let us move from an electronic forum into the soon-to-be-abandoned Masonic temples -- conveniently located in every city in this country -- so that we can assume their rituals, spank each others' bottoms, and control the British pound!

I say I've got my eye on a small red gas-powered funny car! I need it for the next 4th of July parade!

Who's with me?

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 09:36 am   Permalink

I gues it would be a good idea to ammend the rituals list first. But it sounds like a good idea.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tomanikitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-26 09:55 am   Permalink

Funny cars and red fezzes, sounds like you might be thinking of the Shriners

View Profile of tomanikitiki Send a personal message to tomanikitiki  Email tomanikitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 10:10 am   Permalink

Would you believe the Shriners are PART of the Masons? That in order to be a Shriner you must be a Mason FIRST? That the Shrine is in fact an elevated form of Masonry?

I always thought the Shriners were guys who couldn't get into the Masons, but was set straight when chatting with one of these gentlemen while sitting in the aforesaid funny red car.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:01 am   Permalink

Yep, look down at the bottom of this page of Past Potentates from a 1970 Shrine Circus program.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:10 am   Permalink

P.S. Heres' a snap of one of Mig's relatives from the same program...look where that hand is! Cheeky monkey!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:17 am   Permalink

Beautiful, purple shade! Beautiful!

But shouldn't WE be the ones in the tuxedos and fezzes and coke-bottle-bottom glasses? Shouldn't OUR hairy hands be offering comfort and warmth to fair maiden's chilly bosom?

purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

Shouldn't OUR hairy hands be offering comfort and warmth to fair maiden's chilly bosom?

Um...Mig? I believe this IS your specialty, innit?

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-26 10:10, Satan's Sin wrote:
Would you believe the Shriners are PART of the Masons? That in order to be a Shriner you must be a Mason FIRST? That the Shrine is in fact an elevated form of Masonry?

I always thought the Shriners were guys who couldn't get into the Masons, but was set straight when chatting with one of these gentlemen while sitting in the aforesaid funny red car.

Yup, its true. I have my Fathers Masonic apron, and his Shriners fez. The fez sits up in the midst of the mug collection.
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:51 am   Permalink

While the Masonic groups are shrinking in the white community, it is booming in the black community. I know a fair number of Masons, but they are mostly actually Golden Dawn members who are Masons in order to work with the SRIA (Society Rosicrucia In Anglia) who are now the owners of much of the arrtifacts for the beginning of the GD about 100 years ago. But the Masons are quickly becoming mostly black as the old ones die and they new blood is in the black community. But it may mean the "white" lodges become empty.

There are a lot of sub groups of Masons. My favorite are the Royal Order of the Jesters. These guys consider drunken partying as a sacred rite. Their annual gatherings are incredible. But you need to be very well off to join. But it would be worth it for their parties. "Mirth is King"

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:59 am   Permalink

Swanky --

after reading your post I immediately googled "Royal Order of the Jesters" ... who could resist? How soon could I fill out their application form? (I'm very good at lying) ... how soon could I place my sleeping cot in their lodge?

and then -- with three pages of "hits" -- discovered that every single mention of ROTJ was in connection with an obituary --

Sweet bog in heaven, will we let their merry-making die with them?

tomanikitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-26 1:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the education Sin, I had no idea that Shriners and Masons were of the smae cloth. That fez idea is a sweet one.....wearing one of those would cover up my pointy head, and the tassle would draw attention away from my abnormally large hands and feet.

[ This Message was edited by: tomanikitiki on 2004-06-26 13:03 ]

View Profile of tomanikitiki Send a personal message to tomanikitiki  Email tomanikitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 1:21 pm   Permalink

what an interesting post--i have never heard of the royal order of the jesters. craziness!

however, just between you and me, i am somewhat of a 'secret agent' with the scottish rite. to catch everyone up to speed, the order works like this. in the old days, one had to join the masons and work through three levels. after that, they chose to either join scottish rite or york rite. each have 33 degrees to go through (you move up by donating time and lots of moolah) THEN, you could become a shriner and do the whole fez thing.

nowadays, you can join the masons, go through the three levels, and choose where you want to go next. many jump directly to the shrine.

ive been working for the scottish rite for four years now on a part time basis. ive known the guys for 6 years. their philanthropy is to 'help kids talk'. hence, i work in this old cave like therapy room situated underneath their auditorium. my room is next to their secret offices (with many mini-refridgerators stashing secret goods!) and it is next to abandoned therapy rooms. these rooms are now used for storage for all of the passed on members of the shrine, rite, or masons. it is AMAZING going through all of this stuff. there are stacks and stacks of items ranging in age from the 30's to the 70's. and i cant even begin to tell you how many little black books i have come across with the title: 24 hours a day (aka: the AA book!!!)

yes, but unfortunately the membership is indeed dying off. ive tried to convince them to let me join since i know so much, but the female thing is still working against me. but i do hang out with them time to time....they let me go to some of their drinking functions. and yes, they do still hang out at mafioso type places! but it is no wonder why they are having problems recruiting younger men. all of their literature is VERY outdated and somewhat demeaning if you are not a white christian male.

but anyway, shoot yeah! we could totally revive this dying fraternity. i just dont want to be excluded! no rainbow girls! no job daughters! i want my own damn fez!

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 1:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-26 13:21, tikicleen wrote:
i have never heard of the royal order of the jesters. craziness!

Quote:

On 2004-06-26 13:21, tikicleen wrote:
I want my own damn fez!

Here ya go!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 2:31 pm   Permalink

Or this...?

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation