FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki tiki faces in weird and strange places
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
tiki faces in weird and strange places
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-15 8:39 pm   Permalink

A couple from this weekend:

door closer

vacuum cleaner

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 07:57 am   Permalink

Cool! And that vacuum cleaner works in the Papua New Guinea upside-down two face tradition, too!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-16 09:28 am   Permalink

OK. How about this.

You were going for the Moai look...

...but to me that row seems more like teeth...

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 09:33 am   Permalink

I think you need to look closer

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 11:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-13 15:32, POCKETIKI wrote:
Mmmmmmmmm....Lamb Tikka Massalla...Great choice TR! It inspired me to pull my finger out...Plop!...and post this tiki themed building in Barcelona. Can you see what I mean?

Cool eh!!?

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

I see a tiki motorcycle flanked by the tiki building on one side and the tiki tree on the other. Now I'm craving Tiki Masala.
(Note to self, try not to be such a smart ass on TC.)

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 11:37 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-16 11:50 am   Permalink

OK. Then how about this...

...along each of the windows.

I think that one window I pointed out earlier looks the tikiest of them all, though.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 3:26 pm   Permalink

And the winner is...Don't get excited there's not cash bonanza of a prize I'm afraid...The Gnomon! Although, I think Jamie at CheekyTiki may have spotted it first judging by the clue he left you? Anyway, I had intended to put up a close-up of the said Moai this evening but, I took my hard drive to work today...Yep, that's right Jamie, I was working on POCKETIKI #3...AGAIN!...and left it here...DOH! Sorry about that but I will post tomorrow and I think you'll like the pic?!

That door closer tiki is awesome! Great find!! Good call on the vacuum Sven!

I've just posted a neat pic at the following: PNG PUNK - I was punk before you were punk!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25997&forum=1&start=last&0

The Gnomon, send me your address in a PM and I'll send you a copy of POCKETIKI #1 before they are all gone! If you want one that is. Not the greatest prize, but what the heck!

Trader Jim - Make mine a mai-Tai!

[ This Message was edited by: POCKETIKI 2007-10-16 15:31 ]

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 4:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Unga, what does OJ have to do with Tiki?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 2:06 pm   Permalink

Sorry for the delay but here is the final pic!

But first...

Then...

How cool is this felllow?

Very noble I think! I just spotted him, and all his mates, out of the corner of my 'tiki eye'. Hope it was worth the wait?

All the best from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-17 8:45 pm   Permalink

SoccerTiki and I spotted this Freaky Tiki at Big Thunder Ranch at Disneyland today?

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 7:51 pm   Permalink

I think some of you are on drugs.... and I mean that in the best possible way

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-19 06:07 am   Permalink

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-19 06:39 am   Permalink

aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-28 5:17 pm   Permalink

These two are a stretch, but here goes. First, here's one on our street, that always looked kinda moai-ish to me. This is the only pic I took before the front was remodeled. So the lighting at this time of day might not capture the moai-ish-ness of it too well, but maybe you'll see what I saw...

This next one is really only borderline on-topic, but it's a tiki face in a strange place. Our 2 yr old daughter is at an age where she gets into almost everything. So the other day I turned the page in a magazine I was reading on the dining table, to see this...

Now we're just wondering if the positioning was intentional or accidental!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation