FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-31 7:13 pm   Permalink

Barring any unforseen events, I have a feeling that I will be in the mood for a Ray's Mistake this Wednesday, 8/1, and possibly even check another drink or two off my list. ETA is 8-ish. If anyone else things they might be in a similar state of mind I would love the company, but if not I will be drinking anyway.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 11:18 pm   Permalink

I've had a very tough week so far and it's only Tuesday! I think I'll join ya!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2007-08-01 4:55 pm   Permalink

Bump for tonight. I'm still planning on going.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 04:08 am   Permalink

Tiki Lion's slowly catching up...

Re: Killer Shrimp: I love the bits of rosemary in the soup.
And it's just a 5 minute walk from home...

I usually get mine over rice, eat the shrimp, dip a few hunks of bread, then take the rice home for breakfast or lunch the next day.
Japanese breakfast style: microwave the rice & broth, then while it's still piping hot stir in an egg, cover, let sit 5 minutes, stir again and eat.
You got your protein group, your rice group, garlic, pepper and some delicious herbaceous grooviness.
For two meals!

Meanwhile, picking up the thread again: look for me at Tiki-Ti in the first hour after opening this week.
I probably won't have any of my new mugs by then, but when I stopped in last week I was transported to Tiki Island just by the ambience in less than 30 seconds.

See you there!

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 2:42 pm   Permalink

The Whale Rider, Riptide, Tiki Bong, and me will be be there when the Ti opens tonight.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2007-08-08 3:22 pm   Permalink

I can't be there before 8:30, and may not be able to make it at all tonight. If you're still there that late maybe I'll see you.

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-08-08 4:05 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 7:21 pm   Permalink

My friend Margaret and I are in. See you 8:30ish...Yum Ray's Mistake.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 02:12 am   Permalink

Was that the Whaleses I saw leaving about 7:30 this (last) evening?
I was a little delayed, and didn't get there until 7, or perhaps a little after.
Being a shy sort of cat, I retired to the snack bar to observe, accepting Mark's gracious offer to make a Mai Tai - truly the best to date.
After the first shift wandered off, I settled toward the front of the bar, where Mike Jr. generously offered to make me a Mai Tai - this one even better than the first.
Or was it the first that made the second one taste so good?
I vote two tikis up for Mark. In just a few weeks he's already eclipsing outside mixgicians.
Anyway, about that time Mike Sr. eased hisself into the -Ti, introduced Gil (the website guy), and took me on a tour of the place.
I now feel properly welcomed!

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-12 11:24 am   Permalink

(The following transplanted from another thread to continue the ongoing Tiki-Ti thread, hopefully as a public service.)
(Please let me know if I should not do this!)

***snip!***

***zip!***

(KikiTiki sez:)

We are going to be hanging out in L.A. a few days before heading
down to San Diego for Tiki Oasis. We plan on hitting Tiki Ti
when it opens about 6pm that Wed. if other Tiki Oasis folks want
to meet. We look like this:

http://tikiroom.com/img/5567x46be6fe8.jpg

Aloha,,
Kiki

(Tiki Lion sez:)

Yo!

'Ohana!

Let's take care of our guests!

(rugbymatt sez:)

Tiki Ti is on the hit list for Wednesday night for me also so I'll see you there. SoccerTiki and WooHoo Wahine are picking me up at LAX that morning and we are tearing up the LA tiki scene before descending on SD Thursday morning to kick-off Oasis 7. See everybody soon!

PiPhiRho

Posted: 2007-08-12 1:23 pm   Permalink

Wednesday night at Tiki Ti on the Wed before Tiki Oasis is something of a tradition. I am planning on being there, my work load allowing, of course.

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-12 2:10 pm   Permalink

Coco Loco and I plan on rolling in to Tiki Ti on Wednesday evening. We'll probably be there around 9pm or so. I think other TC Norcal peeps TikiTastic and Panda and Canada Kai Treasure plan on being there too, but not sure.

Hung over is the only way to start Tiki Oasis!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 12:45 am   Permalink

Hey Mai Tai...you are correct. Panda, Canada Kai Treasure and myself will be at Tiki Ti Wednesday night on our way to Tiki Oasis. Looking forward to the fun!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
annalulu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-19 3:43 pm   Permalink

Tiki Ti once again open starting tonight!! I can't make it this evening, but want to go Thursday (9/20) close to opening. Anyone else going??

View Profile of annalulu Send a personal message to annalulu  Email annalulu Goto the website of annalulu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 10:21 am   Permalink

'tis a beautiful thing....

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation