FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 11:55 pm   Permalink

Was great seeing and meeting a few for the first time. Had fun saying Bon Voyage to Oasis goers. Looking forward to seeing pics after the fact. Mahalo to Kings and Jonesy for the ride. Have a great time every one.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 12:45 am   Permalink

Great to see so many Tiki people in the Oasis spirit at the Tiki Ti tonight!!!! And a special "Thanks!" to OceaOtica for the awesome pendant!!!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 07:52 am   Permalink

What a cool night! There were tons of TC Ohana there, and it was awesome to finally be able to put a few names to some of these online handles. It was great to meet some of the Crawl Hosts like Sean and Brenda, and getting Sean's book of two too-short short stories with the awesome Heather Watts cover art. I was able to discuss velvet technique with Heather, critical film noir with Joe Banks (Scott), meet Martin from Forbidden Island... and delve into PiPhiRho's mythical mixology mastery (deep breath). A special thanks OceaOtica for the burned-wood Witco pendant, awesome!

I'm glad everyone was able to show at Tiki TI, and sorry if I didn't get to meet you if you were there. Looking forward to meeting more at Oasis this weekend.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 08:16 am   Permalink

It was such a blast!! Thanks to all the TCers who made the evening so special. Chief Bartender and I have been visiting the Tiki Ti for years whenever we get down to LA and it's not when they are closed at Thanksgiving, but this was DEFINITELY the best time we've had. Mahalo to OceaOtica for a COOL pendant. It was really nice talkin' to ya all. Mahalo to Mike as well for gracing us with a card for the wall. That made Chief Bartender's (Sean's) night. He will be bragging about that all weekend and beyond. We'll post some photos once we return home. Looking forward to seeing you later today and over the weekend. Bummer OceaOtica can't make it, but we'll hoist a rum drink in your honor.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 11:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-14 07:52, TikiMango wrote:
What a cool night! There were tons of TC Ohana there, and getting Sean's book of two too-short short stories with the awesome Heather Watts cover art.

I think we(my girl and I) were sitting next to someone with 2 books with something to do with VooDoo(Red and black covers)...We were sitting in the very corner bar next to my FAVORITE Miles Thompson print. I always am able to sit in that corner when I visit!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 4:41 pm   Permalink

That someone with the book was my husband, Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut (aka Sean). I'm sure he'll send one to ya if you didn't get one. Just pm him or me. The last 5 days have been spectacular. Needed to blow off some steam and I sure did. Thanks to all of you who made it so much fun.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 6:17 pm   Permalink

i had a great time at tiki ti last wed. cass and kay were there to greet jonesEy and me and gifted us special glow in the dark eyes witco zombie pendants. how cool is that! i also talked to heather watts (sigh ), tikitastic, sean and brenda and a few more tcers. i don't drink, but tiki ti makes some great tropical punch. cass wanted to take the subway(?) home, but we insisted on giving him a ride. mahalo cass, for a great time!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:15 pm   Permalink

Last Wednesday was a good one.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 8:27 pm   Permalink

What a fun night. Good pics from my first trip to Tiki Ti. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera! I was planning to make it again tonight but alas, it was not to be. I might head over Friday for drinks though after the Bob Drasnin signing at La Luz de Jesus. Fingers crossed. I have to sample some more of those drinks before I go home!

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 9:47 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'm going to be in Los Angeles from tomorrow through Sunday the 21st... which of course means I get to hit Tiki-Ti on Wednesday. It's my first Tiki-Ti Wednesday in aaaaaages, and I can't wait. Come out & join me, if you can!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-09-17 10:53 am   Permalink

I'm in and I'll be knocking Barbados Kula off the list tonight!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-09-17 11:37 am   Permalink

I'll be there tonight at the usual time, between 8 and 8:30.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 6:07 pm   Permalink

On my way out the door right now, see you there!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 10:13 pm   Permalink

iTiki

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-21 09:34 am   Permalink

Damn, I wanted to make this...just a crazy week, everything fron firing an employee and pickin' up the slack to an out-of-town funeral....ugh...a good stiff Tiki Ti drink would have made all the difference last week....

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation