FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 5:45 pm   Permalink

Another swell time last night at Tiki-Ti! Here are a few pics (there are also a bunch more that I just put in the Tiki-Ti thread in Locating Tiki):

Futura Girl gathers some snack mix for us:

Futura Girl likes these little bread bits, so save those ones for her (I like the popcorn bits):

Steve-who-lurks-on-TC-but-pretends-not-to (Hi Steve!) spins the drink wheel:

(Steve arguably knows more about Southern California tiki than anyone--even Sven!)

I am thrilled to have my Mondo Lounge ticket!:

Two shots of Futura Girl & me:

We had a guest appearance from Count Smokula's nephew, and there was lots of chatting about Mondo Lounge (with plotting for an oh-so-Hollywood after-afterparty! shhhhhh.....).

There's no place like Tiki-Ti!

Every Wednesday that passes means we're getting closer to the Inevitable Return of Weird Uncle Tiki... when will it happen?? Don't forget to put your entry in the pool:

The "How Long Can Weird Unc Stay Away from Tiki-Ti?" Pool

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 5:43 pm   Permalink

Damn, here it is Wednesday and tonight is the last Presidential Debate--for those who will be at the Tiki Ti, have one for me!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 2:04 pm   Permalink

My Tiki-Ti schedule has been painfully erratic of late--too many other things going on keeping me out of town and/or out of sorts. Tonight, I shall have a Ray's Mistake, which will right all wrongs!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 7:15 pm   Permalink

Humu, so sorry to have "just missed you" (according to Mike Jr.) at Tiki Ti on Wednesday! I'm staying at the glam (NOT) Hyatt Regency in town this week and found out how close the bar is. Whew, the downtown area here is as dismal as my home town, ATL. I NEED to get my butt to Sam's and at least one more trip to Tiki Ti- it lives up to all my expectations and then some. What a surprise to see the copious amount of Myer's that was drizzled into my "Ooga Booga", and of course the chorus from the patrons was nice. Unlike the next day for me...yowza...

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 5:18 pm   Permalink

Is anyone going tonight????

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 5:27 pm   Permalink

Kava King, that's a bummer that we just missed each other!

Hil, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it tonight... I'm going on Friday (a friend has an art opening that night at La Luz), but I've had a really, really great day today and I feel like a bit of celebrating, so I may go tonight, as well. Whee!

LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-17 12:27 pm   Permalink

It's the last Wednesday before the Tiki-Ti goes on vacation - anyone going?

MonkeyBoy and I will be there. Hope to see some folks - it's been a while!

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 12:29 pm   Permalink

I'll be there, at least for a little bit. I'll be bringing a new little wooden friend. I'm also going to Miles' house for his art show preview:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11812&forum=4&18

Not sure what my timing will be for Tiki-Ti.

sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-17 1:03 pm   Permalink

There is no way I am not sucking down a Ray's mistake if I am driving up from San Diego. I will be there at opening, to refresh myself with the Mikes concoctions. Then it is off to Miles's house, and then a long drive home.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-17 2:19 pm   Permalink

We'll try to hit Miles' on the way home if we can get our butts off the bar stools in time...

See you tonight!

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 7:23 pm   Permalink

tim and karen - definitely hit miles if you can... i'll be there with tikihai.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 2:03 pm   Permalink

anyone thinking of going on the last night before the holidays???

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 04:11 am   Permalink

so is Thursday the new Wednesday?

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 08:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-23 04:11, Futura Girl wrote:
so is Thursday the new Wednesday?

Only for the last week of December! Lotsa new folks hitting Tiki-Ti that day... but once we hit 2005, it's back to Wednesdays, baby!

Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 04:49 am   Permalink

FYI - gil informed me that ti is closed next wed. and thurs.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation