FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
NJtikiboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-02 02:51 am   Permalink

The tiki rug I found was ble and looked much like the serving tray and sheets. A smattering of tiki with drink glasses. I looks like a bar book cover. Is this the one everyone is talking about? I found it folded in a square on an endcap.

View Profile of NJtikiboy Send a personal message to NJtikiboy  Email NJtikiboy Goto the website of NJtikiboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 4:08 pm   Permalink

Target's tiki lava lamp is on sale for $13.49 this week and the huge non-tiki lava lamp is $37 (down from $49.99). The sale lasts through Saturday. The tiki one does not appeal to me as, IMHO, it looks like a forced combination of designs that doesn't work, but I think I'll jump on the big one as I wanted the same thing a few years ago but didn't get it because it was much more expensive; and we all NEED more and bigger lava lamps...right? (On a quiet night you can hear MasterCard laughing)

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackalope on 2004-08-07 12:29 ]

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 11:08 am   Permalink

Hoping to not be redundant, did anyone else see the tiki car seat cover in the automotive section? It black velourish fabric with the tiki head design in the center. Not too bad looking. Almost classy.I'm so tempted but can't a afford $20 a seat cover.

Also,the hawaian shirt air fresher was too good to pass up.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 12:41 pm   Permalink

Went to Target last night and found a tiki door hanger in the notebook section. It is a pic of a tiki and under it it says "Keep Out". Instead of Keep out it would be cooler if it said tiki room or nothing at all. I still bought it anyways. When else will you find a tiki door hanger? Also, on the flip side, there is a dry erase board (with a pen) so you can write a message to whoever is going to enter your room. No tiki on that side though.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 12:58 pm   Permalink

Can anyone post a pic of the target tiki Chinese checker set? I've yet to see it in any of the four Targets I frequent.

Also, a thought on the bases of the lava lamps, sans lava container, at both Target and Spencers: Placed below a wall-mounted mask or other object of texture, they would spotlight it well from a spooky lower angle. The lightbulb is slightly recessed into the base, so if it were elevated a bit, say on a small shelf below the mask (like a mug shelf behind a bar), the light wouldn't get in your eyes either. If the lava lamps get cheap enough on clearance, its something to think about.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 2:21 pm   Permalink

Just remember that they do throw off a fair amount of heat. And heat (as is good taste) is the enemy of art. If you refit the base with a fluorescent bulb, it might be better. If you get on of the natural spectrum one, it won't look bad, and you could put a gel over it if you wanted mood lighting.

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 3:05 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:11 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 4:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics, TNTiki; my Target just got something new (to me) in today: the chalk boards and dry erase boards. Both have little tiki magnets that might be from the same sculp as the Chinese checker pieces. A lot of this stuff appeals to me for the sake of future small model photography.

Target has at least three sizes of stores: standard, smaller stores which managers have told me contain about 85% of the variety of standard stores, and Super Targets. Add to this the fact that Target likes to have a slight variance from store to store in inventory and its logical that some of us are going to find things that others never see. There may also be regional variation as I never saw most of the hula stuff.

TikiGardener wrote, in reference to using lava lamp bases as spot lighting for wall-mounted objects:
Quote:
Just remember that they do throw off a fair amount of heat. And heat (as is good taste) is the enemy of art. If you refit the base with a fluorescent bulb, it might be better. If you get on of the natural spectrum one, it won't look bad, and you could put a gel over it if you wanted mood lighting.

Good points, I was thinking specifically of lighting small objects like wood masks or plaques at a safe distance. I'd be more worried about UV fading with a fluorescent bulb. This little guy is one candidate I've had trouble displaying because he is so small, dark, and his texture washes out from the light spilling on him from other sources:

I'll try this out and take as test shot.

SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 9:10 pm   Permalink

Hey tikijackalope; Found the tiki Chinese Checker set yet? If not, I was just at the Target on Metcalf (on the north end just south of I-35) and they had two sets. Still a fair selection of mugs, too.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-03 8:48 pm   Permalink

Silverline, I just saw your last post. I was remiss in checking this thread; its probably a lost cause but if you can still get one of those sets, I'll take it. I went to this thread to post that Target has some of their tiki stuff at 50% off and some at 75%. Some of it is not on sale at all though.

sheriinva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-08 3:42 pm   Permalink

I was in Target today and not only did they have a HUGE LINE of tiki stuff, but it was all on sale! Not just kept in one department either! The 'back to school' dorm area had lamps, clocks of various tikiness, and even bobble head tikis! Other area in store had HUGE tiki drinking mugs and other tiki stuff! Check out your stores! No shirts though My store is in Williamsburg, VA.

View Profile of sheriinva Send a personal message to sheriinva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 4:00 pm   Permalink

sheriinva,

Thanks for the update on the Tiki sale at Target. Here's a thread that talks all about it.

Tiki @ Target

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 02:03 am   Permalink

why go to target when you can get it on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3929277648&rd=1

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 08:54 am   Permalink

Targets in the San Diego area do indeed seem to be clearing all the tiki stuff out -- picked up my dry erase board yesterday for $6.49.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 08:54 am   Permalink

Targets in the San Diego area do indeed seem to be clearing all the tiki stuff out -- picked up my dry erase board yesterday for $6.49.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation