FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 1:07 pm   Permalink

The Target in my area has a whole bunch of the Chinese Checkers sets on sale for $10.48. Let me know if I can assist in sale/trade.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 3:09 pm   Permalink

Juno, my man! Yes, I would love a Chinese Checker set. Central KS and SW Mo have no super targets, which is where those things seem to reside.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-22 7:02 pm   Permalink

Target now has an expensive tiki bar.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-4/qid=1124762249/ref=sr_2_4/601-8115596-6140964?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0008ISOGG

I hope any would-be purchaseres have enough sense to check Bamboo Ben first.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mystiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 02:12 am   Permalink

In the garden section of my local Tarjey, over the weekend, my husband reported that they have a $299 version of this bar that was really decent quality. I went down to see it on display, and it's NICE! The only difference between it and the one on-line was it was darker, and it didn't have that cheapo rattan topper. Real bamboo, and there is also a backyard gazebo for the same price $299. The whole collection was called "Mai Tiki", which also included patio furniture and a kind of neat bamboo fountain.

It was on display but not for sale yet. I was told I had to call around to see when the shipment would be coming in. But it was the perfect size for a small backyard like we have.

Rae

Quote:

On 2005-08-22 19:02, christiki295 wrote:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-4/qid=1124762249/ref=sr_2_4/601-8115596-6140964?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0008ISOGG

Jamio Designs (jamio.com)-Taboo Tiki and Kustom Kulture Art

View Profile of Mystiki Send a personal message to Mystiki  Email Mystiki Goto the website of Mystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-24 02:12, Mystiki wrote:
In the garden section of my local Tarjey, over the weekend, my husband reported that they have a $299 version of this bar that was really decent quality. I went down to see it on display, and it's NICE! The only difference between it and the one on-line was it was darker, and it didn't have that cheapo rattan topper. Real bamboo, and there is also a backyard gazebo for the same price $299. The whole collection was called "Mai Tiki", which also included patio furniture and a kind of neat bamboo fountain.

It was on display but not for sale yet. I was told I had to call around to see when the shipment would be coming in. But it was the perfect size for a small backyard like we have.

Rae

Quote:

On 2005-08-22 19:02, christiki295 wrote:

I couldn't find anything on this bar at my local target, I also went online which was just a big hassle. Does someone have a picture of the $299 bar or know where it is on the website? This sounds like a bar I would like to get my hands on.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 7:15 pm   Permalink

Aaargh!

I went to my Target to check these out (the gazebo sounds terrific) and not only do they not have any of it, but they have emptied out ALL outdoor furniture! In its place is the back-to-school stuff, and I was told that it would be replaced by Halloween stuff next, not outdoor furniture.

The irony, for you non-Texans, is that summer is *FAR* from over here. Every day in the mid to high 90's.

Bastards.....

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-24 9:29 pm   Permalink

the seattle Targets are void of all gardening and patio stuff... i've been looking for more coconut planters, but no luck..

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mystiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-28 3:04 pm   Permalink

I finally got my hands on one of the Mai Tiki gazebos at Target:

The item number is 009050230 for the gazebo $299.99
The bar is: 009001665 $299.99. I don't have a pic of the bar, but will get one the next time I go there.

Rae

View Profile of Mystiki Send a personal message to Mystiki  Email Mystiki Goto the website of Mystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-28 6:52 pm   Permalink

Aloha Dawn32,

While this photo is more of CherryCapri, this is an example of Bamboo Ben's tiki bars.

http://www.cherrycapri.com/photos_oasis4/bathingbeauty.jpg

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 11:46 am   Permalink

The Mai Tiki Gazebo is at my local Target now along with the whole set including large and small bamboo fountain and bamboo bar and stools. They have it all out in a floor display. And, BTW, they have some of the most kick ass modern furniture in now. Drool.

Does Wayne Coombs know about this?

We are seriously considering this if we can afford it soon.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaikaina
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-08 4:19 pm   Permalink

Here's the Target tiki Bar:

and...

" Home entertainment bar made of natural bamboo wood, tan painted finish
2 shelves, 2 tracks; capacity depends on what stemware is used
Wipe clean with damp cloth for longer life, cover or store when not in use
Bamboo is a natural material that will split and crack, this is not a defect
69-5/8Lx33-3/4Wx93-1/8H"
Shipping fee: $130.89
*** This item can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states. We regret it cannot be shipped to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.

*** I bet they're bumming in Hamaii!

If you can't find it using the links, just go to target.com and do a search for "tki bar" - good luck!

View Profile of Kaikaina Send a personal message to Kaikaina  Email Kaikaina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 9:07 pm   Permalink

I wasn't crazy about the tiki bar, but the gazebo is tres chic! It is made of metal, painted to look like bamboo. I honestly couldn't tell until I touched the floor model and to be honest it kind of shocked me. It also has mosquito netting around all four sides. It is definitely on my want list. I could always get a Bamboo Ben bar for the gazebo!

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 04:58 am   Permalink

West Seattle Target has the bar and gazebo set up. The bamboo used in both (the gazebo is a mix of fake and real) has been painted a bamboo color with light brown highlights. This was probably done to give a more uniform look to all the bamboo used but the paint makes the bar look super fakey. There was also signs of chipping and scraping on the floor model so it's possible the bamboo was not prepared properly for painting. The bar seems shaky and may not hold up to steady use. Splitting was evident and despite Target's claim in the Kaikaina post above ("Bamboo is a natural material that will split and crack, this is not a defect") this may be a sign of bamboo not dried fully before use. As the bar is constructed almost entirely (if not completely) of bamboo continued cracking and possible warping could seriously compromise the structure.

It's a nice design that'd be great in a small space, but the paint makes it look like molded plastic. It'd probably look better in low light. And for the price ($300) most anyone could create a much sturdier home bar.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 08:32 am   Permalink

That and anybody over the weight of 50 pounds wil probably break the bar stools that come with it. I sat on one - I am a sleek 235 pounds - and it swayed like a Drunk at happy hour!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 02:00 am   Permalink

Love the gazebo

[ This Message was edited by: Skinny Dog 2006-03-14 02:05 ]

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation