FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
TB Hawks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-19 04:04 am   Permalink

We bought the Tiki Bar at Target...

Goes very well on the porch by the pool...

View Profile of TB Hawks Send a personal message to TB Hawks  Email TB Hawks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 6:38 pm   Permalink

You know, that Target tiki bar is really very nice! I have a Tiki Tock wall clock from Target that is foam plastic but actually looks quite a bit like wood...

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigkahuna627
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-24 10:23 am   Permalink

I saw the bar last weekend. It looks great for the price.

View Profile of bigkahuna627 Send a personal message to bigkahuna627  Email bigkahuna627 Goto the website of bigkahuna627     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 05:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-28 15:04, Mystiki wrote:
I finally got my hands on one of the Mai Tiki gazebos at Target:

The item number is 009050230 for the gazebo $299.99
The bar is: 009001665 $299.99. I don't have a pic of the bar, but will get one the next time I go there.

Rae

we broke down and got one of these this past weekend. i figured that it's more likely that i'll put it up and enjoy it than trying to build one from scratch out of bamboo. lazy instant gratification $.

for you hagglers out there, the item is listed with a "mosquito netting." we opened two and there was no mosquito netting - so we complained and they knocked $45 off the price. score!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 6:33 pm   Permalink

All this tiki stuff is for the birds!

Literally. Now there's a "Backyard Safari Tiki Bird Feeder" shaped like a bird-sized tiki bar, with little bar stools for the birds to perch on, and torches sticking out of the top. It sounds like you fill the top of the tiki head with birdseed (or mai tais) and watch the fun begin. Someone needs to put this inside their house for their parakeet and post pictures!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-9642664-5516954?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0009Z3K26

It even has a motion detector so you know when you have customers at your bar.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 10:28 am   Permalink

Target released a few more outdoor entertaining items. In my local stores, they're by the candles.

(left to right) Tiki shot glasses on a necklace, dashboard hula girls, ceramic candles on a ceramic, leaf-shaped platter.

The store also had luau invites and paper plates, napkins, and plastic cups.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 12:07 pm   Permalink

Just purchased the faux bamboo Mai Tiki fountain over the weekend. It works like a charm as it is obviously very simple. The resin bamboo thing is almost chancy in the tacky realm of things but the sound it makes is fabulous! I made the fountain part of my outdoor back bar and with the sound of wind chimes and a little Cal Tjader ( Several shades of jade ). Boy howdy!

Pretty cool item after all.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 3:22 pm   Permalink

Target Mai Tiki line on sale!

The Mai Tiki gazebo has dropped here in Houston from $299 to $249, and the ok-ish bar has knocked an additional $50-60 from its original price too.

Getting a Target credit card knocks an additional 10% off your first purchase, so it could go even lower (so my dream gazebo: $224 before tax).

Tempted tempted tempted....

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 3:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-08 15:22, Formikahini wrote:
...and the ok-ish bar...

Man, don't slag on the bar!

Ya just have to "gussy it up" a bit. I'm enjoying mine. Yeah, the walls are white. I have no control over that at this time.

It looks much better with the lights off but I haven't figured out how to get my camera to take a good pic in the dark. Please excuse the mess on the bar top.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 05:45 am   Permalink

dang kono you gussied that up right nice!

i have the outdoor pavilion, and i find myself wondering why they felt they had to paint the bamboo... curious...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 09:16 am   Permalink

On the subject of the Target Tiki Bar, one has to admit that the price to quality ratio is pretty good. In looking at this bar it struck me that if you removed the little roof thingie and put two or three of them together with a little extra bamboo and sone minor craftsmanship, you could create a pretty damned cool indoor bar of good size without breaking the bank. With a little additional chopping and carpentry, you could even put a pro bar sink in a structure like this. With a little imagination the roof things could be modified to work out pretty well too. These babies have a lot of potential. If I had a basemnet or indoor bar instead of an outdoor scene I would have shucked down on one or three for sure. Alas, I don't think these bars would fair very well outdoors unless they are well covered.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 12:21 pm   Permalink

we got the target tiki bar as a wedding gift, and i have to say i am vastly disappointed. we've had it for about 2 months and the bamboo is splitting all over the place...one split is so bad i can fit my whole hand inside (on the roof support). i know this is symptomatic of bamboo, but we put a sealer on it. it also leans (and i don't think it's operator error in putting it together!)

when we opened the box of barstools, they were completely split and unuseable...we took them back to the store and they said we couldn't exchange them b/c they had been permanently recalled by the manufacturer! i had to pull a fast one and switch out our box of bad ones for the box of good ones they had brought to the front for us, and said, we'll just keep ours then, thanks very much!

maybe we just got a faulty one...who knows...i'm just glad i didn't shell out the cash for it. we'll probably end up dismantling it and using parts of it for another bar.

[url=http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=124][/ur

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 09:12 am   Permalink

Very interesting about the quality issue on Target Bar. My first impression upon seeing this bar in person was that the stools wouldn't make it through one good cocktail session and the bar if left out in the elements would crumble apart. Truly the best application for this unit is to be canabalized for pieces / parts to make a better stronger and more functional Tiki bar.

We have the technology, we know the odds, we can rebuild it. The $6,000,000. Tiki bar with bionic mixologist. Huza wazza.

T.F.

Rev. Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-21 09:34 am   Permalink

Target Tiki Bar Recall. I have been stopping by Target every day for a week, waiting for this baby to go on Clearance. Yesterday when I did my drive-by, the Tiki Bar and Tiki Gazebo were gone. When I asked about it, they said they have been recalled, and they could not sell me one. I ran to "MY" Target and asked for the Tiki Bar I had "on hold". They retreived one from the back, rang it up ($199.00) and I got it out of there as fast as possible. Because they were able to ring up the sale, the stock boy thought it might only be the gazebo that was being recalled, and that they might not want to sell the bar without the gazebo. Regardless, if you have been coveting one of these babies as I have, run, don't walk to Target! Mine is for indoor usage, so I am not concerned about wear and tear. Good Luck and Love to All! Rev. Tiki.

View Profile of Rev. Tiki Send a personal message to Rev. Tiki  Goto the website of Rev. Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-24 4:53 pm   Permalink

My wife and I bought one about a week or so ago. $192, out the door (that's with tax, too)! I signed up for the Target card, and got the extra 10% off.

We got it home, set it up and everything was fine. No broken parts, nothing falling off... Heather went out, and bought some Olympic Maximum waterproofing sealant in the Honey Gold stain. WAY big improvement, not only in color, but also in moisture protection. We've got a couple coats on, and it looks great.

Part of it is out "in the weather" right now, but we're going to bring the whole thing under the lanai roof. It will still get the Florida humidity, but not direct rain or sun. So far, we like it a lot, especially for the money. We also plan to put thatch on the roof for a bit more tropical vibe.

I think they're a pretty good deal for the dough. That said, I would LOVE to build one from scratch someday though, but for now, this will work just great.

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation