FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
rwhgeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-28 5:41 pm   Permalink

Just an FYI looks all the tiki stuff is starting to go on clearance. At least in Richmond VA. It is at 30% off right now but will probably continue to drop. As people have already noted no bar or gazebo. I think the bamboo fountain could be cool with some modifications. If it drops a little more I plan to pick one up and go all DIY crafty on it's butt.

View Profile of rwhgeek Send a personal message to rwhgeek  Email rwhgeek Goto the website of rwhgeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rev Tiki

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:19 pm   Permalink

The remaining Tiki Bars and Gazebos at Target are being destroyed. Too bad, the Tiki Bars were nice.

View Profile of Rev Tiki Send a personal message to Rev Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:27 pm   Permalink

I just saw the that Target bar now for sale at the Christmas Tree Shop or store, or whatever that place is called.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:34 pm   Permalink

Is there documented proof that the gazebo and bar have been recalled or discontinued? Or are we just assuming this becaue they're not in the stores anymore?

I have the gazebo and I love it.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
J-Rod

Posted: 2006-07-08 9:10 pm   Permalink

It looks like Target is getting in a different Tiki Hut, which is double in price also.

Target Tiki Hut

Too bad they recalled the previous one. I was really hoping to score one for my deck

View Profile of J-Rod Send a personal message to J-Rod  Goto the website of J-Rod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 05:28 am   Permalink

as of yesterday the TARGET near me still had 4 bars and 5 gazebos

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rwhgeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-11 6:54 pm   Permalink

Swung by Target today and summer tiki stuff is 50% off now. Picked up the last bamboo fountain and now must begin modifications.

View Profile of rwhgeek Send a personal message to rwhgeek  Email rwhgeek Goto the website of rwhgeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gooneybird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-14 7:44 pm   Permalink

Just got my bar tonight at Target - they had them marked down to $67! I couldn't resist.

View Profile of gooneybird Send a personal message to gooneybird  Goto the website of gooneybird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 2:25 pm   Permalink

Time for "Tiki @ Target" 2007. . . .

I noticed some tiki-ish items at my local Target today among their summer tableware. Nothing great, but for anybody who might want to go look for themselves (and maybe provide a few pictures [I can't.]):

There were plastic plates with two wahines and a tiki hut (with the hut actually labeled "tiki hut," unfortunately), and a similar serving tray with the same tiki hut and a male surfer; hula girl salt and pepper shakers (ceramic with grass skirts and a grass holder); various plastic dishware with a sort of hibiscus motif in a red/orange/turquoise/lime combination; rubbery plastic coasters with that same simplified hibiscus motif; a few small ceramic hibiscus bowls; and some resin coconut mugs like they had last year. There were also some dishes and glasses with blue and green fish on them in that same section, and some woven mats and baskets.

In another section, there was an ocean/beach-themed line of dishware and accessories where the plastic dishes, bowls, and glasses had a blue-and-white or blue-and-clear design of seahorses and seaweed and the accessories had mostly shell motifs.

I'll probably end up going back for one of the seahorse tumblers.

[ This Message was edited by: Erika 2007-03-04 14:28 ]

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-04 2:39 pm   Permalink

Dang....no tiki at my Target in Lincoln (north of Sacramento). Guess I will try again as Spring rounds the corner.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 8:42 pm   Permalink

no tiki in the target chicago area or surrounding suburbs yet,,

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-07 09:13 am   Permalink

Like I said the the other Target tiki thread some of this years items (at least housewares) have made east to Allentown. Continuing from a point in the Big Lot's tiki thread would these items also fall under the "Trailer Tiki" genre?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 1:18 pm   Permalink

Our Target (Wallkill, NY) still has zero in the way of tiki and, when they do get it they get, like, three of everything and sell out immediately. No marked down Target tiki here. I sent them a bitter letter the other day...

Trailer tiki? If we're talking a vintage Airstream I can live with that!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 2:09 pm   Permalink

The Target in my area have been displaying its 2007 Tiki stuff for a few months now. They didn't have much in stock and were taking names for any of these items. About 2.5 weeks ago, I looked over what they had to offer and was pretty much disappointed, but I did notice a Ku-like tiki they called the "Long Haired Tiki". It wasn't cheap, by Target standards, but I knew it would be perfect to stand guard over my tiki hut. So I decided to purchase one, and am glad I did. He is decently heavy and not blow over in a wind. It seems to be made from a tough plaster like material and painted a bronze color. Here is a picture of him:

I haven't seen any tiki bars or gazebos, yet this year. But I got my Ku.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 2:52 pm   Permalink

I will confirm, that yes, Target around my place (had) tiki stuff...I dunno if it's still there considering the last time I went out to purchase tiki stuff was last year around this same time. But when I did go they had awesome bamboo place-mats, a plastic coconut mug, and really awesome bamboo mugs (ceramic). They were really nice. i bought a coconut mug and a ceramic mug just to be safe. But if you want some awesome (plasteresque) tiki, you can head on over to the Christmas Tree Shop. They usually have some. That's where I got MY big guy.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation