FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 3:58 pm   Permalink

that tiki is not bad by target standards...but do you think that with all the tiki references out there today that whoever was designing these would get a clue and do something really cool lookin?? t....c'mon crazy al, ben, lake surfer and all you carvers out there....... start knocking on some doors at target and show them how it's really done!!! I can't believe that with all the talent here on t.c. you carvers haven't found a way to get your foot in the door and get in on that action!! In fact tiki farm did some giant tikis by crazy al a few years back that were totally awesome...why are those not on the shelves at target istead of the usual dreck they've had for the past few years...??

..sorry to shang-hai the thread...i'll be quiet now......

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-15 1:44 pm   Permalink

Tipsy Mac,

Hopefully the new Trader Vic's out your way will not have to rely on "Target Tiki" for decor. Any news yet?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 09:33 am   Permalink

Now my Target also has a ceramic "Tiki Hut" cookie jar. Like the plastic plate and tray, it disappointingly has the words "Tiki Hut" on it. There are, by the way, no tikis on it. But there is a surprised-looking monkey. (The monkey also appears on some of their other summer tableware.)

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-16 11:46 am   Permalink

Erika,

Unless you guys got a different one at the Targets down in Philly the ceramic "tiki hut" is actually a tea/juice/cocktail dispenser with a small tap below the front door. I am going to paint a couple tiki's on mine.

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-16 11:46, rugbymatt wrote:
the ceramic "tiki hut" is actually a tea/juice/cocktail dispenser

Rugbymatt is right. (And I am going blind, I guess.) I ran into it again today . . . 'tis a drink dispenser!

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 02:38 am   Permalink

What's that burning sensation?

Hot sauce Mustache.

Does it every time. At least it explains his expression.

~ Exoticat's pick for best new Target tiki related item of 2007 ~

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-31 11:20 am   Permalink

I went to two targets in my area (Los Angeles) and couldn't find anything... just some bright bowls and a really ugly surf shack water/punch dispenser.

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 7:05 pm   Permalink

This is what the hula girl plates look like.

If you like the retro looking fabric in the background, it's from the Spring Line of outdoor cushions at Fred Meyer. I finally decided that my old Martha Stewart cushions weren't tiki/tropic enough for Hutikihi II.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-01 04:18 am   Permalink

None at the Clarksville, TN store either.

View Profile of drslingshot Send a personal message to drslingshot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teamtom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-01 1:06 pm   Permalink

The Target in Dover, Delaware has a lot of Tiki stuff like the stuff mentioned, it looks like it went out on the shelves only a few days ago, a lot of stuff didn't even have prices.

View Profile of teamtom Send a personal message to teamtom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 1:24 pm   Permalink

Our local Long's Drugs (in Oakland, CA) has very similar stuff. Will post pix (when I can find my camera cable).

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 6:02 pm   Permalink

I spotted some tiki-ish items (again, without actual tikis) in Target's party supplies area. Paper napkins and invitations with the "Tiki Hut" on them, coconut-shell candles, mini candles that look like the coconut-shell candles, a plastic leaf platter and another platter I'm not remembering, a plastic-sheet wall decor roll, leis, a paper lantern garland with flowers, and some other items---including, just to mess things up, a limbo stick and an inflatable parrot.

thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-04 7:05 pm   Permalink

When I went in today, there was alot of tiki-themed bathroom stuff-shower curtains, handtowels, rugs. I picked up a rug & handtowel, before my kids hit me up for their Easter gifts-GuitarHero-Xbox & Bratz Diamond Something- I put my stuff back, I'm just happy I got my Squid screwup sculls, we're all happy it's spring...

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-05 6:04 pm   Permalink

someone mentioned this tiki was pricey for target standards. How much are they running there?

View Profile of drslingshot Send a personal message to drslingshot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 10:00 am   Permalink

My "long haired tiki" was $99.00. He is pictured in my previous posting.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation