FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-09 2:26 pm   Permalink

i went on a shopping expidition..here to report that the Targets in Seattle are just NOW getting stuff out of boxes, and onto shelves. no half or 75% off here.

i got mugs at full price, hulagirl lights at 75% off..

could it be, that "back to school" is earlier on the east coast?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 3:37 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure if this is taking tiki too far. It seemed a little silly to me.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1089408969/ref=sr_1_1/601-2608871-5015316?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B00018KL32

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-09 3:45 pm   Permalink

cripes! didnt see that bobblehead.. that one really weighs 16.3 pounds??

the target stuff is really engaging. i'm not sure if its the happy colors that seem to coordinate so well, that you feel inclined to buy entire sets of housewares you didnt even need in the first place... or if theres some sort of intoxicating agent that makes you fill the basket with yet another plastic platter..

oh i dont know.. i do know im returning to target this weekend to get that dry erase board... i'll just justify it as a(nother) birthday present to myself..

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 3:59 pm   Permalink

There was a tiki lava lamp at Spencer's too. With the mark down it was only 10 bucks. (It's a different style)

[ This Message was edited by: spy-tiki on 2004-07-09 16:03 ]

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 4:20 pm   Permalink

I went to the El Cerrito Target on my lunch hour and there wasn't a whole lot left. I don't think there was any discounting going on, either. All of it was part of their "back to college" department.

I walked out of there with one each of the mugs they had (six), two of the little mug candles, and the blue/green square lighted sign.

Should I hit the Targets in Colma tomorrow?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 4:32 pm   Permalink

"...no half or 75% off here....could it be, that "back to school" is earlier on the east coast?"
-dogbytes

The stuff that's on clearance at Target right now is their summer line of Aloha plastics...Plates, cups, trays, flatware, and so on. Hula girl, flowers, and parrrot designs. The Tiki stuff is all new and not on sale...But "Back To School" usually ends when Halloween begins and in Retail Land that's the day after Labor Day. So get ready to score.

"the target stuff is really engaging...you feel inclined to buy..." -dogbytes

One of the reasons one wants to buy so much at Target is that they play no background music or have blaring televisions shouting about the wonders of their store. It's such a peaceful environment you want to shop yourself into perfect domestic bliss. Your life would be perfect if only you had new sheets, matching towels, a monkey candle holder, neon clock, black shag throw rug...SHOPPING = H A P P I N E $$!!!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 6:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-09 11:39, Juno wrote:
Went to my Target yesterday and picked up some mugs and candles. I noticed that the Target mugs look just like some Clay Art mugs I bought last year except the quality is not as good. It looks like they made a mold from the Clay Art mugs to make the Target mugs...I don't know much about how mugs are made but see for yourself:

The mugs on the left are the Clay Art mugs, the ones on the right are the Target mugs.

You can see theres a big difference in the depth in the details and the sharper edges on the Clay Art mugs. I bought those at Spencer Gifts last year.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-07-09 11:40 ]

Well now I don't like my Target mugs as much anymore! I like the Clay Arts stuff but it's so hard to find. I got the pitcher off of ebay ($7 - steal) and got the cookie jar b/c a friend of mine was at Ron Jon's and saw that they had some and she picked one up for me. I didn't even know they had those mugs. Nice. Wish they had an online ordering source or something. Same with Chiki Tiki by agiftcorp.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 8:05 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know how tall that hiking/reading tiki is? Too funny! I'd love to have one wandering around in the foliage in my tiki room...has anyone ever seen it in the stores?

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 8:21 pm   Permalink

Stopped by Target tonight and found new tiki stuff on the shelves. It's part of the back-to-school-dorm-room seasonal merchandise with several assorted items with tiki images on them. The absolute winner of the assortment is the "Tiki Tock" clock. It's a faux wood rectangle with a tiki frieze on one side that has orange bamboo shaped clock hands.
I like it because my tiki room is outdoors and subject to the ravages of Florida humidity.

Also, there are a couple other styles of clocks, chalk boards and dry erase boards, tiki pillows, light box, tiki lounge sign, large ceramic tiki bank, and huge tiki steins.

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 06:50 am   Permalink

based on the photos and description of the tiki lava lite i was skeptical, but we went to target sat morning and in person it seemed pretty cool for the price tag. so we got it, went home, plugged it in - i'd have to say that it is one of the coolest lava lites i've seen! the liquids inside are beautiful, and even if the base and top were spun shiny metal instead of a scowling quasi-bronze tiki, i would still hightly recommend it.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 09:45 am   Permalink

i went to 6 target's this weekend trying to find the tiki lava lamp. i was on a mission and it failed. none of them in my area have any. i even had them check in the back to see if they had some back there, but came up with nothing. i got a couple small mugs and 3 of the big ones and broke them in yesterday. i am still trying to find the lava lamp, but i'm going to have to check the ones a bit farther away from me. i'm really hoping to find it to add tom my small but growing collection. anyone in the oc or la area know of any target's that do have them?

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 09:52 am   Permalink

You don't have to drive around to Target stores to find something, go up to the Customer Service desk & ask them to call around to the stores for you. You can even ask that the store to put one aside for you to pick-up. It depends on the individual store & the manager's policies: some will hold a piece for you, some won't. But all stores will call around to the other stores in the area & ask if what you want is in stock.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 09:55 am   Permalink

yeah, we tried that so the system was down and they couldn't check the other store's inventory. they called a couple for us, but they were ones they we had already went to. the were really nice and tried to help us out. they told me to call back in a couple days and they could try again to check the other stores for me. just checking to see if anyone knew if some local stores had them in.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:33 am   Permalink

Tiki5-0, the Target off of the 10 freeway and I believe Puente (there is the In-n-Out school and an In-n-Out right next to it) had two of the tiki lava lamps left. I too went to several Targets looking for one and that Target had three, I bought one, so there was two left on Saturday night around closing. If you go today, they still might be there.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 1:35 pm   Permalink

Atomicchick, you're sooooooo awesome. i called up the target you told me to check out. they only had 1 left and they held it for me. i just got back from picking it up. i can't wait to leave work so i can go home and get it plugged in. thank you so much for the tip!!! tc er's are the best!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation