FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 1:47 pm   Permalink

Tiki5-0, no problem! Always willing to share the tiki wealth. Enjoy your lamp, it is a great one!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beatnikfly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-13 8:03 pm   Permalink

Found myself at the local Target today and picked up a couple of mugs, a candle and their last tiki lava lamp! Pretty cool stuff and inexpensive too!

View Profile of beatnikfly Send a personal message to beatnikfly  Goto the website of beatnikfly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 10:44 am   Permalink

Worlds collide....

According to this article:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2004/07/14/helkit.DTL&type=entertainment

Target will be selling a line of Hello Kitty Tiki stuff next year! whee!!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 6:56 pm   Permalink

The Target on LaCienega & Rodeo doesn't have the Lava Light, and I didn't realize Target has a CSR to call around for you.

I did pick up some candles, passed on the clocks. I may have to go back today and get the plates & tray, that I passed on.

Is 180 thread count 60 cotton/40 poly scratchy?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-14 18:56, christiki295 wrote:

It can be, but you don't notice it so much once you fall asleep.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 12:03 pm   Permalink

You wouldn't want to sleep in the nude on them!!! You might inaverdently experience some fabric burns in a bad plance...tee, hee, hee.....

Quote:

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-17 01:00 am   Permalink

Hahahahah how funny. My better half rocknrollgirl who is an avid Target junkie just told me about the tiki stuff this afternoon. Of course we shot over there to take a look. Most, if not all, of it is pretty chessy, but in a really fun way. The Tiki Tock clock is great. As were the candle holders. I picked up a mug for 4 bucks. Sure, it's only so so quality, the mold is pretty crappy and the colors are terrible but who cares? It's not on display with my other mugs. It's merely a "work" mug. They're great for travel bars, parties and guests. If one breaks, who cares? And it's pretty good size, so I can make extra large cocktails in it. Yum! I think a lot of people are taking it too seriously. None of it is meant to be collector's pieces. It's all just really generic fun stuff. Heck, I'm going to pick up a few more mugs if I can find them!

View Profile of Tiki Brad Send a personal message to Tiki Brad  Email Tiki Brad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 01:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-17 01:00, Tiki Brad wrote:
None of it is meant to be collector's pieces.

Wanna start a pool as to when the first target tiki item goes up on ebay?

Some of the stuff IMHO is pretty damn good. And some, mostly the Clay Arts ripoff mugs, are so so.

I have a feeling that this stuff will end up on ebay, and some guy in Dehli with a tiki fetish, and lots of money from his well funded American outsourcing empire will pay prices most of us will just drop our jaws over.

Ok well maybe not that extreme, but look at what happened with the dollar tree tikis.

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 8:46 pm   Permalink

First Dollar Tree, then TJ Maxx and now Target. Apparently tiki is working itself up the retail food chain (having bypassed K-Mart and Wal-Mart for some reason). I predict that tiki will hit Macy's sometime this fall and Tiffany's and Saks next spring.

[ This Message was edited by: Kono on 2004-07-17 20:50 ]

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lissette EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-18 10:29 am   Permalink

I checked out the Tiki stuff at Target too. All the stuff was soooo awesome! I bought four ceramic tiki mugs, 2 salad plates, an appetizer tray, a set of drink stirrers, and a set of four shot glasses. We're working on our tiki room set up in our back porch and I can't wait to set everything up! Hooray!

View Profile of Lissette EsQui Send a personal message to Lissette EsQui  Goto the website of Lissette EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lissette EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-18 10:53 am   Permalink

I nearly screamed when I went to Target and saw the Tiki stuff! I bought four of the tall Ceramic Mugs, 2 salad plates, an appetizer tray, 4 shot glasses, and a set of 8 tiki stirrers. That's all I could bring myself to buy. I wasn't crazy about the Tiki mug pastel colors, but for $4.95, I'm not complaining. I do like my Tiki Farm mugs a lot more and their quality is excellent.

What really bothered me though is the whole "back to school" crap. I thinking it's terribly cruel to kids and teenagers for them to be waltzing at a Target on their summer break with the words "Back to School" flashed all over the place in the middle of July. That sucks!

View Profile of Lissette EsQui Send a personal message to Lissette EsQui  Goto the website of Lissette EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 11:07 am   Permalink

Quote:
First Dollar Tree, then TJ Maxx and now Target. Apparently tiki is working itself up the retail food chain (having bypassed K-Mart and Wal-Mart for some reason). I predict that tiki will hit Macy's sometime this fall and Tiffany's and Saks next spring.

Actually Kono, I spotted, and even bought some tiki related items from Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago. If I had a digi-Cam, I'd havve posted already (but alas, I do not). What I get? Well first of all, I found a 25" (or so) plastic resin garden tiki, similar in style to the candle on the extreme left on page 184 of the BOT.
They also had a modern version of the old favorite PMP-like patio lanterns (seen on page 182 of the BOT).

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 12:16 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:54 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 1:59 pm   Permalink

actually, Macys had some attractive dishes and things that were very polynesian, they also have sheets in the same genre.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 4:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-18 11:07, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Actually Kono, I spotted, and even bought some tiki related items from Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago. If I had a digi-Cam, I'd havve posted already (but alas, I do not). What I get? Well first of all, I found a 25" (or so) plastic resin garden tiki, similar in style to the candle on the extreme left on page 184 of the BOT.
They also had a modern version of the old favorite PMP-like patio lanterns (seen on page 182 of the BOT).

You been holdin' out on us! Great, now I've gotta go to Wal Mart... How much was the resin tiki?

How odd that the two products are replicas of two vintage products that are only one page apart in the BOT. Anyone smell a conspiracy?? Nah, me either.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation