FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 08:23 am   Permalink

Got the tiki lava light -- at $14.99 it really can't be beat. Looks very, very nice on the bar. Red blobs go really well with tiki surroundings. Last lava light I bought was about the same size, and $45 at that.

Also new -- tiki pillows. Shaped like small logs. Cute, clever.

Hey, TNT -- good idea on using that thingamajig as a cocktail recipe holder!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 6:39 pm   Permalink

I picked these guys up today from a local Target:

The one is the back is the Unkle John Size mug! My wahine loved the clock and bobber so we got them as well.
I left quite a few more mugs and candle/mini mugs. I figured what i would do is run the candle mugs under hot water to remove the insides then clean it up for a grog mug. My birthday is coming up so I want family to get them for me. I'm not trying to sound cheap, it helps "train" the family into finding tiki. Besides with my memory, I'll forget in the next few months.

and yes that is my spencers hula girl lamp. $15 (display model)
Heck I figured with the pice and availability of these mugs, i can aford to use them at gatherings for the "trustworthy" guests. And if they break, oh well. Hey they are dishwasher safe. Now if I can only find an ultra slim dishwasher to fit in my kitchen i'd be set.

-one man aspiring to be everyone’s favorite unkle.
www.unklejohn.com

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John on 2004-07-24 18:46 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 8:37 pm   Permalink

Damn it TNTiki, I went to Target (regular, not Super) today to get that flip it over photo thing so as to utilize it as per your fine idea as a drink recipe holder. I wound up spending too much money!

Now they've got a large area tiki rug for $20. I have no place to put it, it doesn't match, it's a little too kitschy, but I thought "Where am I ever going to find a tiki rug again??" And so I bought it. I folded it up and it's serving time as a dog bed.

Ditto for the dry erase magnetic message center. "Will there ever be another?" Doubtful. Plus it's got that blue stripes down the side with the tikis design that reminds me of those old racing team windbreakers from the 60s. Had to get it.

Then, in an unusually practical move, I went to get a cheap colander because I need one. They had a goshdarned colander with holes that were little pineapples! My two dollar cheap colander turned into a thirteen dollar luxury tiki colander!

It was kinda neat to see all the interest the tiki items garnered.

Unkle John, that tiki clock was at Target? That's a new one. I want one. I wonder what time SuperTarget opens on Sunday??

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 9:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Unkle John, that tiki clock was at Target? That's a new one. I want one. I wonder what time SuperTarget opens on Sunday??

I got him at a Super Target. He's very light, and is suppose to be an alarm clock. I think he was titled as a "Big Kahuna Clock"
I paid about $4.99 for it.
Super Target are suppose to be ope 24 hours. Suppose to be, but not 100% sure.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 9:52 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:57 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 11:06 pm   Permalink

Unkle John wrote:

I think most Super Targets are only open till 11 or midnight. At least thats the way it is in the midwest, sadly.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 12:09 am   Permalink

Can someone post a pic of the tiki rug?

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 07:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-25 00:09, Atomicchick wrote:
Can someone post a pic of the tiki rug?

It looks just like this melmac tray (pic courtesy of Palm Paunch):

Except bigger. And not melmac.

It's edges are squared off and it has a blue border.

[ This Message was edited by: Kono on 2004-07-25 07:39 ]

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 08:27 am   Permalink

Kono --

If no room for the rug on the floor, why not hang it on the wall? Such things can be done.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 2:53 pm   Permalink

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 3:12 pm   Permalink

Tray, Lava Lamp, mug, plastic glass, eraser board, napkins, and proceeded to get drunk.

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 5:55 pm   Permalink

Oh, by the way, I guess I should've mentioned that the rug was not with the tiki stuff, it was with the rugs. Sorry for any inconvienence this might have caused.

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 8:16 pm   Permalink

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 9:15 pm   Permalink

I should have mentioned something about the tiki items being scattered all over the store. But then again, it's the thrill of the hunt, right?

DaneTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 2:42 pm   Permalink

I can't believe I missed this thread! I went to a Targét Boutique on Saturday and saw all the tiki stuff, and was shocked. Anyhow, I concur that the hula girl line is distinct from the tiki line. The hula girl stuff was already on final clearance, while the tiki stuff had just come on sale.

[ This Message was edited by: DaneTiki 2009-08-30 19:06 ]

View Profile of DaneTiki Send a personal message to DaneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation