[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Bending Bamboo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Bending Bamboo
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 2:34 pm   Permalink

Dude- Thanks again! You really don't know how much I appreciate that link!

Not only for the purpose you intended, but I have been looking for a place that had a chair repair kit like they have.
Can't wait to tell my father-in-law as he is attempting to repair an odd rocking chair that was, at one time, in the White Houseand was uncovered in my shed.
(The former owner of my house - and my long time neighbor - was an upolsterer.) I threw out more crap than you can imagine and gave away more upolstery tools than I knew. But the chair we kept, knowing it's alleged history. Now maybe we can do something with it! Cool.

Thanks again, Dude.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 3:09 pm   Permalink

I'm reviving this thread as it's the only place I've found a discussion about bending rattan. Has anybody tried the saoking method with around 1" diameter rattan in fairly long (7') lengths? I'm refurbishing a portion of the Alibi here in Portland and I'd like to use Rattan, but it's a curved surface, so I have to learn to be flexible. Success/horror stories anyone?

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation