FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Sew Tiki!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 ) Remove Highlighting
Sew Tiki!
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 10:05 pm   Permalink

Just saw one of those fancy sewing machines at the LA fair. Some run in excess of $5,000! Yes, $5,000!!!! Can I just send you some shirts and pay you for the tiki embrodary? Those tiki designs are sweet!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 10:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-10 22:05, Atomicchick wrote:
Just saw one of those fancy sewing machines at the LA fair. Some run in excess of $5,000! Yes, $5,000!!!! Can I just send you some shirts and pay you for the tiki embrodary? Those tiki designs are sweet!

Some of these machines can cost a LOT -- the top-of-the-line Bernina 200 comes with an Internet connection and retails for around $7K -- and the commercial machines are even more. However, you can find good-quality sewing/embroidery machines for much less, starting at $300-400.

If you want to send me some blank shirts, I'll be glad to embroider them. E-mail me at cynner AT atdial DOT net (replace AT and DOT with @ and period, obviously) and we'll work something out.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 01:30 am   Permalink

More machine embroidery pix....all of these are towels.

The one on the left was a gift for Martiki.

The one on the right was a "thanks for letting me crew on your sailboat" gift -- Macondo is the name of the boat.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalikiana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-19 02:20 am   Permalink

WOW!

View Profile of Kalikiana Send a personal message to Kalikiana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 12:52 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:20 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 1:30 pm   Permalink

Ya Cyn,
I would love to have some bar towels for my bar.
Let me know if you have the time and PM me a price.
Great work!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 10:31 am   Permalink

Very cool stuff, and the towels are a great idea ! If you decide to take on more commissions, please PM me, too !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 11:44 am   Permalink

Cyn love the new stuff, keep em coming!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 5:27 pm   Permalink

I've decided to make a set of curtains for my bedroom. Here's the fabric I'm using:

It's all cotton, with a texture like that of barkcloth. The design is actual size.

There are tons of home decor fabrics out there in tiki, Hawaiian, googie, and midcentury-modern patterns.

cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 12:07 am   Permalink

Here's a shot of the finished googie curtains:

This project was SUPER EASY. The curtain rod and rings are from Ikea. The rings have little spring clips on them, so I didn't have to sew the curtains with anything at the top for the rod to go through. All I had to do was hem the edges and clip them into place. The hardest part was hanging the rod and getting it level.

Now I can commence with the tiki-embroidered holiday gifts....

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-23 08:00 am   Permalink

Just noticed this thread today (duh) and wanted to publicly thank cindy for the killer Foggy Grotto towel! It's even better looking in person.

I decided it was far too nice to get crapped up with grenadine and other sticky stainy things, so it's our hand towel in the new tiki toilet.

Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-25 02:09 am   Permalink

Maybe I missed it, but where did you get that cool fabric that you used for curtains, Cyn!?

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 09:31 am   Permalink

The idea of every TCer having thier own tiki nappy is suave indeed. Maybe tho dirinking overalls would be...you know...more on the mark...can you embroider...fireproof fabric?

Those are sweet. Thanks for sharing

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-27 10:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-25 02:09, BARNETT wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but where did you get that cool fabric that you used for curtains, Cyn!?

I bought it at Britex here in SF (http://www.britexfabrics.com/); you can also order it online from Repro Depot (http://www.reprodepot.com/).

BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-28 01:56 am   Permalink

Oh-boy-oh-boy! Thanks!

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation