FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Is it wrong to not want kids...?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Is it wrong to not want kids...?
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 01:42 am   Permalink

Johntiki, like I said it was food for thought. To compare a positive idea that could possibly help people be better prepared for parenthood to Hitler? You must be a complete loon! Geez, you should really watch what you say, for all you know (or in your case don't know) I could be Jewish, married to a Jew or have Jewish relatives.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 01:43 am   Permalink

I wonder if Roy Horn's tiger comes to visit him in the hospital.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 02:54 am   Permalink

Suzywong, I'm 35,, thought about it alot, trust me... and I think if I read yer post correctly, yer thinkin kids would be better than pets, but maybe if I KNOW I would NOT be a good parent, then, I should NOT have kids. Unless You'd like, I procreate and be a Horrible parent, would you like to adopt my child when it is taken away from me??? HOPE SO!~
Atomicchick rocks my world.

about eating the pets, if I was in the Phillipines and offered dog, yes, I would try it. Cause it's not MINE.

I do not think folks should NOT have kids. not at all. Have a gazillion, so they can grow up and work and pay social security so it will add to my retirement fund! actually, I'm a freakin GODMOTHER to 5 kids. If by the worst luck in the world I loose my 2 best friends in the whole world, and I end up with them, I will be the
BEST substitute parent in the WORLD.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RenTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-17 06:43 am   Permalink

Well, can I show you my pet dog? It appears that this topic is getting a little overheated.
So I myself have no kids. Didnt really want any.
I have a Welch Corgi. Her name is Midge. This is her in my sister's convertable. Shes got a wonderful personality and acts human sometimes. Alot of the local people know of her being the $5,000. dog. Thats how much it cost for surgery so she can still be with us. Car got in her way.
Midge seems to know this stardom, hence the shades she's wearing.

[ This Message was edited by: RenTiki on 2004-07-17 06:46 ]

View Profile of RenTiki Send a personal message to RenTiki  Email RenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 08:16 am   Permalink

Hey, Rentiki!

Totally awesome and stylish dog with a GREAT name!

The seat covers are tres chic, too!

Minor flames aside, this has been a very interesting topic.

I'd like to thank the childless members for not using the term "breeder" in a derisive manner thus far.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 09:00 am   Permalink

Since we're pulling out the cute ticket, here's one I took of a friend's pup.

Trader Woody
(Our little cat Chief died last year. Damn.)

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 09:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-16 20:09, kha_o wrote:
75% of the world's population would eat your pets if they had the chance.

On a polynesian related side note....

This "Hula Ankle Rattle" at the Bishop Museum on Oahu was worn in pairs by male dancers, dog tooth anklets produced sharp, rattling sounds. An average pair might contain the canines of up to 500 dogs.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 2:53 pm   Permalink

I love children and TC parents are the best.
But this is why I can't reproduce (as cute as they are).
Meet my "second cousins".

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 01:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-17 08:16, Geeky Tiki wrote:
I'd like to thank the childless members for not using the term "breeder" in a derisive manner thus far.

We only use that term for parents who are truly worthy of it.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 03:35 am   Permalink

Sorry if I might have come off as a jerk in my last post.
I just don't think there is a difference in the love you give/get from a child or a pet. whatever makes you happy, and the other being happy and well cared for.

And Miss Cyn is right, I don't use the term "breeder" unless called for.

Everyone's critters are soooooo dang sweet. I still havent gotten a new one yet. just waiting for the right one to find me.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 09:20 am   Permalink

Hmm, we are getting into politics here, better get back to the cute puppies!

Bad moderator. no cookie.

[ This Message was edited by: tikifish on 2004-07-18 09:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikifish on 2004-07-18 16:55 ]

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 09:29 am   Permalink

sweetpea --

there is a HUGE difference in the love one feels for a pet and the love one feels for a child. It is, quite simply, off the charts.

That being said, I've felt more strongly toward some animals than I have for people -- family included. But the love for my own children? Compared to my cat and dog? Not even in the same universe. When my dog or cat dies, I will cry sincere tears. If one of kids die, I will kill myself.

And as for the love an animal feels for you -- well, are we talking about cats or dogs?

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 11:38 am   Permalink

seriously, once you have children, you are constantly in a state of horor, hoping no harm shall come to your kids, and it never goes away. Is this the same for pets? I dont have any pets.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 12:03 pm   Permalink

When I said a licence to reproduce that is what I meant. I did not say that the government choose who can have kids and who can not. People drive without licences all the time and what happens? They are not banned from driving, they just get a fine and are sent on their way. Like I said before, (I guess a few of you were not paying attention), recommending someone to take a class to become a better parent, how is that a bad thing? Oh wait, stop right there, don't even answer, because then we will get into, "My rights as an American are..."

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 3:39 pm   Permalink

Thank you TNT. I agree with you 100%

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation