FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events UPDATE - PolyPop in Seattle, WA from 6/14/05 - 6/16/05
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
UPDATE - PolyPop in Seattle, WA from 6/14/05 - 6/16/05
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 10:59 am   Permalink

Veering even more dangerously off topic: If Poly Pop can delay his trip just a little, he can ride around on the Seattle Monorail Project's New Monorail! Opening Dec. 2009!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sea-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-21 2:21 pm   Permalink

Hey, we're in. Like monkey we vote for the Luau over Islander...hey, West Seattle Tikis--are you up for this event??? Let us know where to be and when...

View Profile of Sea-Tiki Send a personal message to Sea-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 08:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-21 08:33, freddiefreelance wrote:

Don't worry about the traffic, you're less than 20 minutes away from downtown by Monorail!

Too bad the Monorail is closed right now! I wanted to ride the Monorail the last time I was in Seattle about 3 years ago. Looks like I'll have to wait for a return trip to do that.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 12:06 am   Permalink

Clearly someone should lay out a plan, so I'm using my special Buck-Passing-Powers to make dogbytes the official Jet City Mucky Mucks Tiki Hostess. Congratulations, dogbytes, the Jet City Mucky Mucks have no other appointed positions or even members so you have really arrived.

We await your plan.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2004-07-23 2:56 pm   Permalink

i blinked, and next thing i know im the "Jet City Mucky Muck" Hostess? ok, just dont call me cupcake..and i'll form a tentative plan:

Weds: 7:30 Meet at Luau for drinks and dinner. if you'd like, coffee & dessert at my house.

Thurs: Meet at The Islander for drinks, stumble to the Lava Lounge, dinner at Rondezous (woofmutt's suggestion) or Crocodile Cafe (monkeyskull's suggestion)or someplace in the Belltown area (Mama's Mexican is good too).

so that's the quazi plan.. feel free to jump in, add other Tiki Destinations (like your home bar...)

everyone's welcome to meet at my house before or afterwards.. message me for directions!

elicia
the hostess de jour.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 3:02 pm   Permalink

Pssst... consider dinner at Palace Kitchen in Belltown over Rendezvous or Crocodile Cafe.

It's been mentioned somewhere in these 100,000+ posts before, but those cool light fixtures in the Croc came from the Seattle Trader Vic's when it closed. Our own Selector Lopaka helped move & install them way back when. One of the original owners of the Croc is a friend of my Mom's (I think he maybe is the one that sold his share to Stephanie Buck), and he's now involved in Thaiku/Fu Kun Wu (he's largely responsible the bitchin' decor)-- that's where Selector Lopaka spins on Tuesday nights. If you want to see some carved tiki posts from the Seattle Trader Vic's, they're in a small junk/thrift shop in Kirkland called Mambo (not for sale, though).

Speaking of Lopaka--cupcake, er, dogbytes, you may want to throw an email to Lopaka & puamana to give them a heads up (and/or send a message out to the NW party mail list).

p.s.-- as long as you're in Belltown, at least let Pop pop his head into 'Ohana.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-23 15:07 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2004-07-23 3:26 pm   Permalink

humuhumu: mambo was recommended to me by a antique dealer out in matlby..tried to find it back in nov, and it had disappeared. no phone, and the storefront was empty

will post to the pnw list..later tonight. going to meet woofmutt for drinks at islander at 5.

dang its hot.. 94 degrees. the locals are melted. and grumpy.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 4:36 pm   Permalink

"Pssst... consider dinner at Palace Kitchen in Belltown over Rendezvous or Crocodile Cafe." Humuhumu

Pssst: The Rendezvous makes great burgers and fries and dinner will only set yah back 'round 9 bucks. And the Pabst on tap is cheap, too. Just like me.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sea-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-23 5:42 pm   Permalink

Whoa...I posted no post!:)
Sorry, the heat is melting my brain...

[ This Message was edited by: Sea-Tiki on 2004-07-23 17:45 ]

View Profile of Sea-Tiki Send a personal message to Sea-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 07:14 am   Permalink

Any restaurant that has PBR on draft is ok
by me!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 11:09 am   Permalink

Alright! Itinerary in place. I'm really looking forward to my trip now!!!

Thanks cupcake! (...sorry, I couldn't resist).

Poly-Pop *

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-23 14:56, dogbytes wrote:

everyone's welcome to meet at my house before or afterwards.

Elicia,
This might work best for me since I'm not familiar with the area. I can swing by on Wednesday night around 7-ish? For Thursday I will be available after 5pm coming from our office located at 110 Union Street, Seattle. Is that close to you or Islander? If so, it might be easier to go straight from the office instead of going back to my hotel first.

Can you email me directions?

Poly-Pop *

dogbytes

Posted: 2004-07-26 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

[i]I can swing by on Wednesday night around 7-ish?
For Thursday I will be available after 5pm coming from our office located at 110 Union Street, Seattle.

Weds ~ come by my house, i'll email you directions. its on the way to Luau

Thursday: STAY at your worksite! the Islander on the same block 96 Union ~ if you're done with business at 5 i'll come meet you ... we can start early at Islander or you can tour Pikes Place (just 2 blocks away!)..

email to follow..

dogbytes

Posted: 2004-07-27 10:11 pm   Permalink

bump:
meeting PolyPop at my house on Weds at 7, then we're on our way to Luau for drinks/dinner.

Thurs: PolyPop gets off work at 5, and is right next door to Islander ~ i'll meet him there, and will do some sightseeing then back to islander for drinks in the bar around 6:00

call me 206-321-4096(cell) if you get lost or if i do!

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 11:04 pm   Permalink

Hey Polypop;

not sure if you will have time, but i'm trying to put togther my tropical room in my house and could use some suggestionsfrom a pro. If you think you'll have any free time let me know and I can pick you up. My phone number is 206-935-5793. Thanks

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation