FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Howdy!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Howdy!
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 7:22 pm   Permalink

This is another reason why we should never hesitate to let those that have meant so much in our lives know how valuable they have been to us. I have a friend I've known for about 15 years who also inspired and helped me to improve my life. We have worked at 2 jobs together where he continually pushed me to seek new skills and realize a fuller potential for myself. (By the way, he LOVES Dreamweaver! I always wondered if it was named after the Gary Wright song from the 70s.) Anyway, while my friend is still around, I have not hesitated to let him know as we've both moved on to new opportunities how much his guidance has helped my life.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 12:19 am   Permalink

Hats off to TikiBen and you Hanford for giving us all a place to meet new friends and chat with old ones! You guys have created something wonderful! Thank you! Glad I read this post!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 11:06 pm   Permalink

That's a great story, Vintagegirl.

Quote:
On 2006-07-11 19:22, vintagegirl wrote:
(By the way, he LOVES Dreamweaver! I always wondered if it was named after the Gary Wright song from the 70s.)

I worked with Ben at a small company called iBand. I was not there very long because I wanted to get into video games, but before I left I had designed the first draft UI of a new program they were making. Less than a year later the 10-person company was purchased by Macromedia for $35 million, and the program evolved into Dreamweaver, which has been their #1 moneymaker (even over Flash) up until they merged with Adobe. None of my options were vested.

Several other software titles have been derived from Dreamweaver, including Macromedia Contribute, which came out shortly after Ben's passing. If you read the scrolling text of the About dialog in Contribute 1.0, this will eventually come up:

He is remembered fondly by many.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 3:14 pm   Permalink

What a great place this is!!!! I stumbled on it by accident. (searching for info on Wallach's Music City) and wonder now how I managed to get by without this place. Greetings From Carmichael (Sacramento). Hopefullly my wife and I will be able to atttend some of the great things going on here...and yes I have a tiki bar...and I'm not afraid to use it!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 5:33 pm   Permalink

Moondog, if you are still looking for info on Wallach's Music City PM me.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 11:02 pm   Permalink

That's a great story Hanford. I'm really glad I have that insight. Thanks for sharing it and thanks for unfolding more history. BTW, you're doing just fine.

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 04:07 am   Permalink

I miss you Ben.

Thanks for everything.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 11:50 am   Permalink

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation