[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Smoking and Flaming Drinks
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Smoking and Flaming Drinks
old band alum
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-22 2:33 pm   Permalink

I went to Trader Dicks in Reno several years ago, and they served a drink called a Volcano. I did not try it because I was drinking Mai Tai's instead. However in the color photo in their menu it appears to have a thin but tall Collins glass containing a yellow beverage (perhaps pineapple or lemon J) inside a hurricane glass with a green liquid at the bottom) and something erupting(maybe dry ice). The caption in the photograph stated "A unique drink served with all the action of an erupting volcano." I have no idea what type of booze was in either glass. Any ideas on what else in in the drink and how do I get it to erupt?

View Profile of old band alum Send a personal message to old band alum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-20 08:50 am   Permalink

In the March issue of The Atlantic magazine Wayne Curtis has an article on flaming drinks. It hasn't been posted online yet so I scanned the article which is next to impossible to read. I'll re-post the article when it becomes available online.
There will also be a video of bartenders making their favorite flaming drinks when the article gets posted.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 01:52 am   Permalink

Here`s 151 in a spent lime shell, maybe not the best flame but enough for a drink for me and on my blog anyway:-)

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation