FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Rongorongo Room - home bar (water-damaged Dec 06)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Rongorongo Room - home bar (water-damaged Dec 06)
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:10 pm   Permalink

Come downstairs into The Rongorongo Room ~ my seattle home tiki bar ~ a work in progress

The room is 13'x16' with a low (7') ceiling. its been painted in the color Bamboo
the closet

closet, painted with another shelf installed.

with the bar

back of the bar ~ hm. needs booze!

Windows to the Front Yard

odd interior windows (light fixture to be replaced with homemade tapa lighting, just as soon as i figure out the jigsaw!)

turned into faux fishtanks, with lights!

fireplace serves a new purpose, Glacier's hiding space.

Tiki from Fast Eddie in Seattle

chairs need new covers (on order from Kelly's Vintage)

Fishnet

mantle

your advice is welcome!
elicia

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes 2005-08-22 15:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes 2006-12-21 21:41 ]

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:25 pm   Permalink

That window/fishtank idea was sheer genius!
Watch out for this tho'!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:27 pm   Permalink

if it looks that good while it's in progress, then i can't wait to see it finished. i think it looks great so far. keep posting pics of the progress.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:29 pm   Permalink

Good looking start to your tiki bar! Amazing how quickly a plain room can be changed into a hidden paradise.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:32 pm   Permalink

Is that Al traped in a fish tank?
Elicia!
That looks like a very special "escape" you have there.
An excellent project of inspiration.
Submit it to Critiki. Humuhumu needs new ones.
Thanks for sharing

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:37 pm   Permalink

Shows Lots of promise. I LOVE the Fish tanks.(i used to have salt and fresh water tanks)Looks like a Large room big enough for Grand parties. Love it

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:48 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be repetitious and tell you how phenomenal those fish tanks look!!! What a perfect idea-can't wait to see it all tricked out-what a fantastic start,and thanks for sharing!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 5:40 pm   Permalink

Glacier needs a tapa covered pillow in the fireplace.

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:13 pm   Permalink

One more thing. At the bottom of the stairs , covering the window, Or drawn on the wall behind the curtain Or??? What izzit

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:17 pm   Permalink

Elicia, it looks wonderful! What a change from when I last saw it. It looks quite cozy and comfortable, a great place to relax with a cocktail. Only advice I would give: more plants!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:50 pm   Permalink

Maybe add bamboo, tapas or matting for the stairwell.

Otherwise, looks beautiful.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 8:20 pm   Permalink

looks absolutely fabuloso. thank you so much for sharing your photos. we are about to embark on our journey to properly tikify a room. im sure you will enjoy countless hours in that new haven of yours.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-21 9:24 pm   Permalink

thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Feelin' Zombified: tapa dog bed..i can do that!

Benzart: at the bottom of the stairs is a bamboo curtain (its an oddly placed, load bearing beam in front of the closet ~ but as soon as i saw it, i knew how to use it!

it's the entry for the bartender to step behind the bar

Humuhumu: live or faux plants? the windows face east. i'm not a green thumb, but the spider plants seem to be doing well. have any suggestions for low-light, easy care tropical-ish plants? i'm going to look at your instructions to build a coconut palm. i thought of you when i visited ArchieMcPhee's.. they RENT trees that look 1/16th as good as the ones YOU made.

Christiki: agreed! the stairwell is pretty plain, i'm filling up the main area first, and will move upwards. the ceiling of the stairwell is slope-y and im having a hard time envisioning how to affix things to it. we didnt want to paint the whole that wierd ceiling.. i 'won' an ebay auction from AnDru the long spears that might help liven up the area!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 9:35 pm   Permalink

I like, I like.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 10:04 am   Permalink

Nice looking tiki bar room. Nice and cozy and lots of good ideas.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation