FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki ANNOUNCEMENT: Four exclusive new Shag prints ONLY for Grand Members!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
ANNOUNCEMENT: Four exclusive new Shag prints ONLY for Grand Members!
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-07-21 3:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I'm pleased to announce that Shag has created four new prints for sale exclusively to Grand Members.
Details can be found here.

For people who are not yet Grand Members but would like to purchase a set, there are currently more sets than there are Grand Members. However, the Initial Offering is only for people who became Grand Members on or before July 20th.

The remaining sets will become available to all Grand Members regardless of sign-up date shortly after the Initial Offering is over.

Mahalo,

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 4:09 pm   Permalink

WOW these are cool, I can finally look forward to owning some sweet Shag prints and thanks to all of who ever made this happen. Hey Monkeyman can I be first in line to get these framed? But Hanford where is your image?

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 4:18 pm   Permalink

I was just going to ask the same thing. Hanford, where are you?

Excellent prints, thank you for thinking of us and giving us grand members this unique opportunity to own a peice of history.

I will be eagerly awaiting August 13th.

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-21 4:26 pm   Permalink

WOW, they are great...counting down the days!

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 5:09 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! I knew that being a Grand Member would pay off!! Thanks Hanford and SHAG!!!! This is the best news I've had all day!!!

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:11 pm   Permalink

Wow!!! What a great gesture SHAG has made offering up these prints at a price so much lower than his prints are fetching. I am a big fan of his art and I think these are his coolest prints yet and for that price I am giddy with excitement that I am already in line for these prints. Mahalo SHAG, Sven, Hanford,Leroy, Otto and all those involved this truly rules.

[ This Message was edited by: mcdougall on 2004-07-21 18:12 ]

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:25 pm   Permalink

Hanford-- can we purchase these in the order that we became Grand Members? I think that would be a fine idea myself...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-07-21 7:38 pm   Permalink

The exact method of how numbers will be assigned has not yet been determined.

However, as you can see from the Initial Offering method, Im trying hard to make this fair to existing Grand Members without stand-in-line, worrying-about-sell-outs, and refreshing-the-website-every-10-seconds type things.

Now, keep in mind that the first 100 Grand Members joined within 24 hours of its announcement. It is clear to me that these people were joining basically as soon as they could. The difference between being #1 and #100 had more to with whether or not you check Tiki Central before work on the East Coast or at night on the West than anything else.

So, to say that your position in the Grand Membership Register determines your Shag Print number (and future offerings?) does not seem like the best idea to me.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 7:48 pm   Permalink

Draw numbers out of a hat?

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-07-21 7:50 pm   Permalink

PS, I've put up a FAQ to help clear up some of the questions about all this ...

~Hanford

net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 8:10 pm   Permalink

Maybe a first come first serve list will work, after the initial grand members get their prints. I would like to be on list.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 9:27 pm   Permalink

Even though this doesn't really help me out, maybe the numbering could relate to when you joined Tiki Central and/or the number of posted messages.

The older members would get the lower numbered prints.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-07-22 03:45 am   Permalink

Well there's no list. Yet.

The idea is that it's Grand Members only, and when the second sale comes around I'll let everyone know, and normal (non Grand) members can buy a membership at that time if they want to get one. So it basically increases the price by $24 bucks. But that is virtually the same price the Grand Members paid too, they just paid their $24 in advance.

~Hanford

mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 07:58 am   Permalink

If you look at the big picture 24 bucks to be a Grand Member is nothing...dont go to Starbucks for 3-4 days and you have the extra cash...and I dont think it is about "bourgeoisie"...it is simply about supporting an endeavor to get people together who love tiki and want to share information. Web Sites do not come cheap, especially ones like this one with SO MUCH information.

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 09:25 am   Permalink

Awesome prints!! Count me in.

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation