FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: Outrageously Cool Tiki Bar Decor - The Outrigger Canoe of My Dreams:
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
eBay: Outrageously Cool Tiki Bar Decor - The Outrigger Canoe of My Dreams:
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:22 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately, I'm on a budget right now. But someone needs to buy this vintage masterpiece and hang it above their bar, so that I can come see it and have a drink.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2001&item=3737828075&rd=1

Look at the beautiful color of that wood and the detail of the carving. Where do you think this item was bought originally?

Someone buy this, please.

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-07-21 18:24 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Sabu...not that bad really reserve was $149.00...hit it with my first bid...you are correct that is a piece for keeping!

[ This Message was edited by: mexatiki on 2004-07-21 18:45 ]

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:47 pm   Permalink

Good Job, Mexatiki.

If you wind up the winner, I definitely want to come over and see it close up.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-21 6:50 pm   Permalink

Sabu, just showed it to the wife and she gave the thumbs up...we are digging into the private stash for this one...we will do a BBQ and Mai Tai viewing if we win!

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 7:51 pm   Permalink

I agree Mexatiki that will look sweet over the bar, or anywhere in the bar, hope you win it.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-21 9:02 pm   Permalink

Ok folks...someone else is after this one...not surprised as it is amazing...I have pushed this guy to 200 and now I am going to sit back and wait until the end...I am having a GOTTA HAVE IT MOMENT!!!

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 10:05 pm   Permalink

Dang man you got outbid by two fiddy!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-21 10:16 pm   Permalink

Now what does a guy named Docbaseball what with an outrigger with tiki's in it? Maybe he thinks they are holding little bats?

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 11:23 pm   Permalink

Dont you hate it when this happens on Ebay?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 12:35 am   Permalink

That looks somewhat similar to this piece over the host/hostess station at Bali Hai:

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 02:59 am   Permalink

I saw one exactly like this in one of the marquesas island...it was very very expensive. This is a great piece, congratulation.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 07:49 am   Permalink

It is a catch 22 Hiltiki, I wish it happened on all my auctions but that has become the nature of the beast...the truly hard to find things go for big bucks...unless they are listed incorrectly and the average pieces get average to low prices...3 days left on this one...hmmm we shall see how it ends up.

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 09:46 am   Permalink

That's one of the coolest tiki pieces I've seen. Go get it Mexi!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 01:28 am   Permalink

There are not many things that I desire to own for my collection left, and I am always thrilled when something comes up that I feel I must have, this is one of those pieces.

I am gonna go for it, because Marquesan art is my absolut favourite, because I am working and have work coming up and will miss out on a lot of summer Tiki fun this year and deserve a treat in return.

It is not as elaborate as the one at the Bali Hai. I did not see anything like it when I was in the Marquesas, glad to hear from Virani they are still making them.

If I won't win it, I will have saved a bundle, but if I do, it will motivate me to work for more moolah!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 01:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-23 01:28, bigbrotiki wrote:

I did not see anything like it when I was in the Marquesas, glad to hear from Virani they are still making them.

Well, the one I saw was exactly like this one, in a smaller size. The tiki could be taken off the canoe, so as the pagae. It was in Ua Huka island, where there's the most beautiful tiki artcraft out of wood.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation