FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki does anyone have an ELVIKI ?
does anyone have an ELVIKI ?
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-04 8:54 pm   Permalink

if anyone has an Elviki statue that are willing to part with for $ or trade. email me at KREEPYTIKI@HOTMAIL.COM thanks

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 06:26 am   Permalink

TikiJaksin- This may be a stupid question, but what exactly IS an Elviki?
I'm picturing a tradtional tiki with sideburns and a colar...maybe big sunglasses and a "lip thing" going.

I sould have asked "Early Elviki or older, fatter Elviki?"

Just curious.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chefgrey2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 08:43 am   Permalink

Just be patient..put in a specific search on ebay and have it notify you when one is up for auction...I probably see one every 3 months...good luck,,, Grey

View Profile of chefgrey2 Send a personal message to chefgrey2  Email chefgrey2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 08:48 am   Permalink

Dude, for a guy who has never seen one you are right on the money .well except for the glasses.actually it's an Easter ISLAND head with an elvis do (pompadour/sideburns)and yes a lip thing made by a kool artist from I think california,sorry I dont have the name.a while back they were produced(couple a years), and so I ordered one had it in my car, and someone ripped it off.actually there is a picture of it in the book "Hula Dancers & Tiki Gods" by Chris Pfouts.I'll get the page # for those who wanna check it out.reaallyy bad dude.any info would be appreciated.kreepytikiforhirejaksin

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 08:49 am   Permalink

thanks for the info chefgrey.will try that.

Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 10:20 am   Permalink

Cindy Crowell, I believe - that's the artist that made him. I've got one, thanks to Patrick from Santa Cruz who gave me his when I coveted it openly.

As my kitchen is both tiki and Elvis, my Elviki is quite the bridge. (He, and lots of Elvis in "Blue Hawaii" photos.)

(I'm at work right now, hence my inability to verify the name of Elviki's creator. Oh that I could have those goodies with me and turn my cubbyhole or my classroom into a tiki oasis!)

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini on 2004-09-02 20:57 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 11:13 am   Permalink

A quick search on Google and voila!

http://starbulletin.com/2001/04/01/features/story1.html

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-06 05:59 am   Permalink

Tiki-Bot, thanks for the link! Interesting article.
And yeah, Elviki is petty cool.
Good luck.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 9:21 pm   Permalink

Hey guys - sorry to dig this post out of the way back machine.

I came across something interesting at a vintage store and after some research found several threads, including this one, referencing a slightly different design.

Does anyone know anything about this one?

It goes well with my Velvis and my Elvis Pezley.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-28 08:23 am   Permalink

Very cool - I like the obvious "hook" feature of his "hair" so that you can hang him from a clothesline over your bar!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-25 08:42 am   Permalink

here's one I made...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-25 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-25 08:42, pjc5150 wrote:

You really captured the lip curl well!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-25 11:17 am   Permalink

Nice carving Jeff!

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-25 12:56 pm   Permalink

try doing a search here on tiki central- ill bet you'll find all kinds of info on elviki

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-25 10:42 pm   Permalink

I have a small ElviTiki lamp....the light has left the building.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation