[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Jimmy Buffett has first #1 Album
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Jimmy Buffett has first #1 Album
suzywong
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 7:19 pm   Permalink

I never understood or participated in the Jimmy Buffet controversy here.

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Jimmy Buffett proved he isn't "wasting away" anywhere as he topped the U.S. pop albums chart on Wednesday for the first time in his three-decade career.

[ This Message was edited by: suzywong on 2004-07-21 19:19 ]

View Profile of suzywong Send a personal message to suzywong  Email suzywong     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 7:23 pm   Permalink

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 8:08 pm   Permalink

The Washington Post reviewed Buffet's new album, with the headline 'Jimmy Buffet at Low Tide' There were some real gems of wit in the review ....

- Corona-deluded parrotheads

- somehow give's Motley Crue's 'Girls, Girls, Girls' newfound poignancy

- A tropical Trump, lording over theme restaurants, a clothing line, and those sold-out summer spectacles that allow 9-to-5ers believe they're wastin' away in paradise -- when they're choking on car fumes in Bristow, Va. [[that's the location of the big outdoor arena outside of DC]]

And for those who hate both Buffet and hippies, your hate can now be intensified, as the Grateful Dead song 'Scarlet Begonias' is covered on this release.

The full review can be read here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A545-2004Jul20.html

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 10:23 am   Permalink

This is the sixth sign of the apocalypse.

We are now officially in the end times.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 11:49 am   Permalink

Aye aye aye!!!!! Como me dueles!!!!!!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 7:31 pm   Permalink

The masses must be starving, but not know where to look for appropriate musical nourishment.

That, or its difficult for the Mai Kai Gents or even the Blue Hawaiians to get appropriate sponsorship from a label.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 9:03 pm   Permalink

The whole jimmy buffet thing again...
I don't particularly care for all of his music BUT I would waste away in margaritaville (if the airfare was free, and by sea plane, or I was given a nice all wood 50 foot topsail schooner to get there)
AND one day I will be a pirate who looks at 40. If you're a sailor, you can at least relate to some of the lyrics.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 05:42 am   Permalink

I sail way more than any person who doesn't get paid should, and Buffet still annoys me. Any one listen to Big Sandy?

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 06:36 am   Permalink

Sit on a beach in the Florida Keys and sip a Margirita or Corona or even better yet sail around them and do the same.

Then you will understand Buffet.

Foamy, I listen to a litttle Big Sandy.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 06:50 am   Permalink

a lil big sandy

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 9:13 pm   Permalink

Flounder...the lure of the keys...magical place...

Foamy...I'm curious of your thought process that went from buffet to Big Sandy. I had to read it twice. THats GREAT! Love Big Sandy...all of him...and even if he's 'lil.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-23 11:05 pm   Permalink

The return of Buffet is all Alan Jackson's fault. After the success of that damn "5 o'clock somewhere" song, Buffet recruited every country star he could and just about every song on his new album (to my understanding) has some country artist singing along with him. Too late Jimmy, real country died last year with the passing of Johnny Cash. The man in black is turning in his grave. They never played any of Cash's new songs from the past two decades but Jimmy Buffet hops on the band wagon and get tons of air time. Sad Times were living in, sad time.

PS> Big Sandy Rocks!!!!

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-24 10:04 am   Permalink

OUCH!!!!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 7:36 pm   Permalink

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 05:56 am   Permalink

DUDE, WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT PHOTO OF ME!?!?!

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation