FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Head Art * Dirty Donny at Otto's Tiki Show pg4
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Shrunken Head Art * Dirty Donny at Otto's Tiki Show pg4
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 9:51 pm   Permalink

I am starting this post after looking and reading those that have come before, some of which were about what place heads have in the tiki pantheon, well I like to believe that art is art for arts sake. And with some of the great peices done by Sam G, and Benzart I wanted to start a new thread that was just for Shrunken Head art of any kind, so if you have something please add it and to everyone else enjoy the heads.

Greg Smith used to do these and sell them through ebay, sadly I do not have any of the pictures saved from the more elaborate heads he did. I checked to see if he had any on ebay but he did not. The ones I have pictured are the ones he was going to do for me and charge $35.00 for. I still wish I would have gotten it, it is a real head turner to see.

http://www.tiki-asylum.4t.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-08-06 10:25 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 11:06 pm   Permalink

That's a cool shrunken head, TT. I'd like to see the others. For the record, here are my 2 thus far:

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 12:26 am   Permalink

Cool little shrunken head! And sam...that blue one is knocking me out! Let me see if I have any pics of some that I've done...

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 12:30 am   Permalink

60's style screened and airbrushed shirt....

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-22 00:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-22 00:32 ]

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 12:33 am   Permalink

Show 'em off, Barnett. Something tells me you're hiding more killer pieces!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 12:35 am   Permalink

maybe one or two.

Little wooden purse (all the sides hasd stuff painted/lettered and I put a little mirror and fun fur inside, too!)...

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-22 00:38 ]

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 12:35 am   Permalink

See? Just as I said! Those are some BAAAD bone-headed heads, Barnett - Very cool!

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-07-22 00:38 ]

BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 12:48 am   Permalink

Last one...MDO cut out....

How'd you know, Sam? Weird thing is, I've done bunches, but I don't seem to have many pics to prove it.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 01:04 am   Permalink

Hey, I even know what MDO is (or duraply - what is it "maximum density overlay" or something?) 1/2 or 3/8 in. thickness, good on 1 or 2 sides! I think we have pretty much the same background...

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-07-22 01:11 ]

BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 01:12 am   Permalink

quote (I didn't realize how to quote someone until AFTER I posted...got it now...sheesh, I'm dumb)>>>>>Hey, I even know what MDO is (or duraply - what is it "maximum density overlay" or something?) 1/2 inch, 3/8 in. good on 1 or 2 sides! I think we have pretty much the same background...<<<<<quote

Looks like we do have similar backgrounds. I'm a sign painter, by trade, but I've branched out into pinstriping, wall art (MDO cut outs), t-shirts, etc.

Hopefully we'll see some more posts on this thread...I have a weird facination with shrunken heads and similar images!

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-22 01:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-22 01:16 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 06:03 am   Permalink

Cool stuff Barnett. I'm leery of getting a haircut now after seeing the "A little off the top" piece you did. Where have you been Hiding , Or I should say WHY have you been hiding??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 9:00 pm   Permalink

Benzart, I remember that title for a piece but for the life of me, I can't remember what that piece looked like! Usually I don't post many pics because I'm too floored by all the cool art everyone else posts!

here's one more...a friend of mine did this poster for a show we were in. I did the "from around the world" lettering...but the rest of the poster is all Mig Kokinda...

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-22 21:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-22 21:02 ]

BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-22 9:07 pm   Permalink

I should mention that Mig does his posters a bit differently...they're all hand cut stencils and spray paint! On this particular poster he did screen the black, but everything else is done in layers, from hand cut stencils. The guy amazes me...way too much patience. I've seen him hand cut all the lettering on some of his posters...it's key-ray-zee!!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 9:45 pm   Permalink

Here are some of mine

This is all I have for now but will add a few more as I carve them.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 02:38 am   Permalink

Do drunken heads count?

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation