Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Glue recommendation
Glue recommendation
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-22 4:49 pm   Permalink

i need to repair 6 coconut mugs (they're brand new, but my parents didnt package them well) ~ the mugs are intact, but i can feel they're cracking along the mold line (seam)

what glue should i use..and do i use it on the inside only?

so i dont annoy our guests with dribble drinks, i'll use these repaired mugs as holders for umbrellas n such..

thanks for the advice
elicia
(who will probably have stuck together fingers after this craft project!)

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 5:04 pm   Permalink

I would say super glue gel, but I have never glued ceramics before.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 5:45 pm   Permalink

You can buy liquid crazy glue suitable for ceramics, I have repaired MANY including a Tiki Farm suffering bastard mug with this stuff. Quite runny, it gets right into the seams and cracks very nicely. I'll check out the brand when I get home if ya like!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 11:56 am   Permalink

I would recommend Teste model airplane glue....got me through junior high....or was that got me high throughout junior high???!! I can't seem to think straight any more....

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 12:23 pm   Permalink

Good ol' Super Glue will do the trick...The ceramic is poreous (did I spell that right?) and will 'suck' in the Super Glue to the crack, just apply it to the inside of the mug if you can.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation