FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events m o n d o . . . l o u n g e . . . october 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
m o n d o . . . l o u n g e . . . october 16
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 03:51 am   Permalink

I wanna go! This event sounds too good to pass up. I just have to "work the bugs out". Should know by monday...hope there's some tix left.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 4:53 pm   Permalink

I'm curious who is participating in the car rally? And when is everybody planning on showing up? I'm curious to see what other TC'ers have in mind. Alas, I look like a pressed sausague in most of my vintage stuff, but I think I find something that might be suitable.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 4:54 pm   Permalink

While I feel a strong urge to represent tiki among the lounge cultures, I'm going to take this rare opportunity to bust out some of my non-aloha vintage wear. I'm gonna do the car rally--I'm gonna be someone's navigator betty!

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-10-11 16:55 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 5:27 pm   Permalink

Okay, soooooooooooo
My friends both with beautiful vintage cars are passin on the rally, and there is a show in Hollywood I really wanna go to, sooooooo, sadly I am going to skip Mondo... HOWEVER...
Will any of you kids be around Friday night? That I know of there's no plans for me and the folks I'm staying with, so maybe we I can visit at the Hotel y'all are staying at, or if there's a dinner, maybe I can join?
Lemme know!
thanks
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 5:55 pm   Permalink

slim possibility Mr Smiley will hit the Tiki Ti friday night at 12:30--only if I can drive fast enough from SF and if Trader Vics in SF isn't open yet!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 01:27 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-10-11 17:27, sweetpea wrote:Okay, soooooooooooo. My friends both with beautiful vintage cars are passin on the rally, and there is a show in Hollywood I really wanna go to, sooooooo, sadly I am going to skip Mondo...

noooooooooooooo... don't skip mondo s'pea! you're coming ALL this way... no show in hollywood can equal the show that Mondo will put on for you!

i'm sure there's another vintage car you can ride in. maybe even with humuhumu and troy aloha?
and in the event the nighttime party sells out - we are gonna sell cheaper "rally-only" wristbands to raise additional $funds$ for the Modern Committee which is a good cause to support... they will include all the perks of the rally including hanging at the petersen car show and the discount admissions to the museums (including the Erotic Museum... oooooo), etc. just NOT the evening party and movie. so tell them keep it as an option.

[ This Message was edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-10-12 01:29 ]

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 07:08 am   Permalink

OK OK
We are going to be there ! ! !

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 09:03 am   Permalink

I may have to get out the old tuxedo for this one!

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 09:23 am   Permalink

Well, I think I can finally pop my head up and resurface for this one! I've been in tiki limbo since starting my new gig, but the suburbanpagan will rise again and have some fun!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 10:05 am   Permalink

I am 90% in, should know for sure within the week.

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 10:09 am   Permalink

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

I'd like to offer a discount at Mondo-Lounge to all Tiki Central members on all of our unframed limited edition serigraphs. Regular members will receive 15% off. The GRAND MEMBER discount will be 25% off to help support Tiki Central. That 25% discount could easily pay for your Grand Membership.

Thanks, Gene

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-12 10:10 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 7:53 pm   Permalink

I have my ticket and will be there.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-15 2:16 pm   Permalink

here are some fun work-in progress pictures...

test driving the rally - parked in front of norms with my friends Rebecca and Nathan

the stacks of goodies just keep coming... Barracuda donated 800 of their classic issues!

naomi from 8 ball and humuhumu and tiki todd hackett help stuff the bags!

steve (tiki hai) is looking clean shaven and ready to mondo - surrounded by a sea of orange bags.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-15 8:58 pm   Permalink

We're driving the 64 Plymouth convertible beater-mobile (also known as the deathsled)... we'd welcome a TCer or two if anyone wants to ride along with us! Though it would just be for giggles and the museums and bragging rights, since T&I will be claiming the prize for our very own

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-15 10:39 pm   Permalink

I finished making a lil som'en some'en for a door prize.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation