FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: Gloriously Tacky Black Velvet Painting
eBay: Gloriously Tacky Black Velvet Painting
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 01:09 am   Permalink

My friend asked me to sell this painting on his behalf as he is computer-challenged. His current girlfriend told him it had to go. I say the girlfriend should go if she can't appreciate the fine art of black velvet. Any-hoo I just wanted to share this with the masses so y'all could at least get a good chuckle over this massive masterpiece. Auction ends July 29th but I'll keep the pics up longer so all can see.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3922457649&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 08:08 am   Permalink

VERY nice! The back-lighting is a new one on me!

Tell your friend to reconsider his girlfriend. Anyone who doesn't "get" this isn't going to "get" a lot of other things.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 08:13 am   Permalink

MAYBE, she felt she did not measure up to the painting and that it had to go if he ever hoped to get "it" again? Just a thought.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 08:15 am   Permalink

my wahine would probably be cool with it, but i know several women i had dated that would not. i'm glad i married my wahine

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 08:22 am   Permalink

My wife would allow it only because she's given up.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 6:58 pm   Permalink

being of the female pursuation myself, I can appreciate the art and the nek-kidness...

The girlfriend has tolerated his massive tiki collection, the billboard sized framed Pirates of the Carribean poster, the bigfoot plaster cast footprints, but drew the line on this one. I guess I can cut her a little slack...

but shouldn't she have to sacifice at least a couple of Hello Kitty collectibles in trade?

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation