FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: Jesus goes tropical? Not my auction, (meant as a joke)
eBay: Jesus goes tropical? Not my auction, (meant as a joke)
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 02:25 am   Permalink

This ebay item cracked me up. The picture of the shell with the Jesus and Mark figurines was too much. Cool Lamp, but the jesus figures made me laugh.....I just don't get the connection between the two.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35803&item=3922970228&rd=1

disclaimer-- not meant to offend anyones beliefs, insight religious discussion, offend the seller, or make the mods iritable.

I just thought it was another funny example of the things you'll find when you type in "shag mug".

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 05:26 am   Permalink

"shrines" of a shell-like shape were fairly common in 1950's america. another example of kitsch conglomeration of disparate elements...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 05:56 am   Permalink

You can find shed loads of jesus-shell-shrines like that in Spain.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 06:34 am   Permalink

I've seen really BIG clam shells with shrines in the middle out in people's yards. They are the kinds of shells our little subculture covets. I guess big shells, when they were easier to get, may have been the precurser to the upturned bathtub.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 07:27 am   Permalink

What I really dislike about this is the use of the word "Shag" in the product description's line.

There is nothing remotely "Shag" about this product. It is in the product description purely to "trick" people searching for Shag products to take a look at this. And once "tricked," then the customer will somehow be compelled to order this thing ... ? I'd really like to talk to the person who posted this on ebay. Ask them what their logic is. Is it the same logic of companies that jack in a bunch of annoying popups that engender even more popups as soon as you click the window closed, as if their screaming presence will make you surrender your credit card number to shut them up?

But then, judging by this person's command of grammar and spelling, I'm sure that a conversation with them would be as satisfying as a dialogue with a rock. Or Rush Limbaugh.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Newbie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-27 12:53 pm   Permalink

Just what does this statement mean?

"OTHER THAN MARY BEING SLIGHTLY CRACKED AT THE BASE OF JESUS"

View Profile of Tiki Newbie Send a personal message to Tiki Newbie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 5:18 pm   Permalink

And why is there no picture of the lamp turned on?!

SHOW ME THE LIGHT!

-Silly Tikiwahine

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation