FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day celebration in Chicago 8/15
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
International Tiki Day celebration in Chicago 8/15
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 11:25 am   Permalink

Aloha All!
Celebrate International Tiki Day with us this year by enjoying brunch at the fabulous Chef Shangri-La in beautiful North Riverside, IL on Sunday August 15th from 12:00-3:00.

Yeah, I.T.D. is officially the 14th, but why not celebrate it the whole weekend? This is just a fun get-together to recognize I.T.D and to enjoy the Chef. There is no admission charge, there will be nothing for sale, you only pay for what you eat and drink. In fact, if you are among the first to arrive, there will be a free commemorative screen-printed poster for you.

Those of you who have been to the Chef know that it is one of Chicago's hidden oasis of tropical delights. Many feel that the Mai-Tai at the Chef is second only to Trader Vic's (but a much better value!). Exotica will tickle your ears, there is loads of vintage Witco to dazzle your eyes, and their food is always a tasty treat.

So come out and join Paul, Susan, and the whole gang. Enjoy the tropical atmosphere, Sip the magical Mai Tai, taste the classic cuisine, and hear exotic sounds at the Chef Shangri-La.

The Chef is at 7930 West 26th Street in North Riverside.

Hope to see you there!

[ This Message was edited by: boutiki on 2004-07-27 21:05 ]

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 07:30 am   Permalink

Here is a litte more info on the poster.....it's going to be screenprinted multi-color on .010 high impact polystyrene and limited to a run of 50 pieces. So come on out for the buffet, celebrate ITD, and enjoy the ambiance that is Chef Shangri-La!
See Ya There,
Dave & Coalbe

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 07:55 am   Permalink

I damn wish i could join you on this...I loved so much the Hala kahiki and the Chef...
and meeting the Carters and Vastas is a real pleasure by itself...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboobimbo

Posted: 2004-07-30 09:42 am   Permalink

Count Randy and me in! We had a great time last year!

View Profile of bamboobimbo Send a personal message to bamboobimbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 2:01 pm   Permalink

Me and the Wahine are in.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 08:29 am   Permalink

After reading our original post we realized we forgot to mention a very, very important fact about the poster, that the design was done by our good friends, Amy & Duke Carter. On another note, we were at the Chef over the weekend and were told they will have an expanded buffet on 8/15 similar to the Exotica Sunday Buffet. See ya at the Chef.
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 08:40 am   Permalink

I'd like to come, but are kids welcome (ages 4 and 6 and, from what I'm told, well-mannered)?

It would be a nice way to recover from the tiki party I'm throwing for the block on Saturday night.

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 09:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-05 08:40, Tiki Flange wrote:
I'd like to come, but are kids welcome (ages 4 and 6 and, from what I'm told, well-mannered)?

It would be a nice way to recover from the tiki party I'm throwing for the block on Saturday night.

Yes, by all means bring the whole family! There will be other kids there as well, so come on and celebrate ITD at Chef Shangri-La.
See Ya at the Chef!
Dave & Coalbe

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge on 2004-08-05 09:26 ]

SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 4:40 pm   Permalink

Count Jay & I in. It sounds like a good time!!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 2:33 pm   Permalink

Here is a picture of the screen print poster coutesy of BambooLodge. These will be given out free to the first 50 attendees. Don't forget to make a reservation with the Chef! Their number is (708) 442-7078.

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 6:40 pm   Permalink

Noticed the number was a little off - try 708-442-7080.

I accidently called some guy's voicemail - did anyone else do this too? opps!!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 8:01 pm   Permalink

Ditto, the guys is probably like what the......?

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-10 18:40, SallyandJay wrote:
Noticed the number was a little off - try 708-442-7080.

I accidently called some guy's voicemail - did anyone else do this too? opps!!

You are absolutely correct, the Chef's number is actually 708-442-7080, this number will also work 708-442-7081. These are the numbers right off the business card. These are definitely the correct numbers.....sallyandjay, tiki-toa & family we got you guys covered, see ya Sunday!
mahalo,
xxooxx
D&C

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge on 2004-08-10 21:24 ]

SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Their number is (708) 442-7078.

Whoever is at extension 7078 now has cryptic messages concerning some sort of tiki .... thing.

boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 9:36 pm   Permalink

Doh! Doh! Doh! My mistake. You're right. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks for pointing out my faux pas. Did I already say doh?!

-Amy

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation