FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day celebration in Chicago 8/15
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
International Tiki Day celebration in Chicago 8/15
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 9:52 pm   Permalink

The number is wrong on the posters also....this means that they are that much more collectible...so be sure to get there early and get yours.
Oops , we don't ever call ahead, and did not double check the number, and the staff at the Chef has yet to notice the mistake and we have had flyers there for over 2 weeks. We were there earlier tonite and were told that they are expecting a good crowd...so much for wrong numbers!
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 10:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-10 21:28, SallyandJay wrote:
Quote:

Their number is (708) 442-7078.

Whoever is at extension 7078 now has cryptic messages concerning some sort of tiki .... thing.

Just think how many calls he might well have received, considering we have circulated over 200 hundred flyers around Chicagoland! Bet he's thinkin' 'bout changin' that phone number right about now!!!
Sorry Dude!!!!
D&C

[ This Message was edited by: bamboolodge on 2004-08-11 04:44 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 10:23 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-08-10 21:22, BambooLodge wrote:
Quote:

tiki-toa & family we got you guys covered, see ya Sunday!
mahalo,
xxooxx
D&C

?? Uh-Oh I made reservations for 11:30, did you make some for me? Looking forward to seeing those I have not met and those I just saw! Oh D&C if possible can you please bring another one of the you know what's for me, the one that was for me is now for another, sorry to be so silly here, must be time for my nap.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 08:06 am   Permalink

Hey, how did you get reservations at 11:30am? They usually don't open till 12:00, you got some pull. Toa, send an email offline on the other thing.
See Ya Sunday,
D&C

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge on 2004-08-12 08:15 ]

Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 09:24 am   Permalink

Yea!! Me and the wahine will be there! I am sooooo excited! My very first Tiki event and I get to meet you guys!! Oh can I have a poster set aside please!!!! I called today and made a reservation for 12pm.
I have never been there, but I heard that there was three rooms. Are we all going to be in one room?

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chefgrey2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 10:31 am   Permalink

Sounds good! I'll try my damndest to be there for a little while...Have to work in Evanston @ 2:00, but I'm dying to meet some of you guys!!!

View Profile of chefgrey2 Send a personal message to chefgrey2  Email chefgrey2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-14 8:34 pm   Permalink

All I wanna know is it Sunday yet? We need more tiki events around here in the mid-west!

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lissette EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-15 09:18 am   Permalink

Hi everyone! I made my reservations so EsQui and I will be there today. Can't wait to see everyone and I promise that I'll have pics of the Tiki Pa'ina event up soon. Promise!

View Profile of Lissette EsQui Send a personal message to Lissette EsQui  Goto the website of Lissette EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 4:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Coalbe & I would like to thank everyone for the fabulous turnout today at Chef Shangr-La. It was great meeting so many wonderful new people, and of course seeing all the old familiar faces again. The entire staff of Chef Shangr-La would also like to thank everyone and extend an open invitation to stop back for a visit soon!
Mahalo,
D&C

EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-15 10:43 pm   Permalink

Chef Shangri-la was yummy! Tiki decorations all over the place and a friendly staff. At first Lissette and I were too hungry to mingle much, and then we were too stuffed. It was nice to see all of you from Tiki Pai'na again. Sorry we didn't really talk to anyone else. We were so full and sleepy we went home and slept until dusk. But now that we've discovered Chef Shangri-la we plan on going back often.

EsQui

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 06:59 am   Permalink

We had a great time. It was so nice to meet more people. We loved the food and everyone there was so nice. It was great to see everyone from the Tiki Pa'ina again. We can't wait to make it back to the Chef's sometime soon.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 07:18 am   Permalink

Well here is what I have to offer and
share, I actually wish I had more, I got in the basement and never left at the Bamboo Lodge and never got to see the rest of the house, and now that I think about it, I never even saw all of the basement. Chef's was FANTIKITASTIC! I cannot wait to do it again, and I hope for those
that could not join us this time you will be able to the next, as I will be bugging people (not that it will take much) to do this again very soon. The Witco's were unbelievable to see, the Chef is awesome, full of tiki to be seen and paintings, and the food was great. Bamboo lodge were great hosts and great people to meet and now say I know! Duke and Amy it was such a pleasure to meet you guys and Logan. There was so many people there! It was great to see those again from the Pa'ina! And I just realized that I never got to sign the book at the Lodge, ahhhhhhhhhhh! I felt like I was in tiki overload, and I barely got to see a 1/10th of the Lodge! Cannot wait to do it again soon.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAOW7Jy3bs2zog

Toa

chefgrey2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 10:15 am   Permalink

Aloha, all! I'm so bummed I couldn't make it...Had to go in early..wedding for 200...put me in a blue funk all day...I wanted to see the tikis in the pics in person...Any posters left? Maybe I'll see you guys at Trader Vic's on Wed. night? Mahalo, Grey

View Profile of chefgrey2 Send a personal message to chefgrey2  Email chefgrey2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 2:15 pm   Permalink

Hey,Great pics Tiki-Toa, and many Mahalos for making the long haul down with the entire family. As far as future events at the Chef, we will be working with Susan and Paul to bring you all more Happy Tiki Times at the fabulous Chef Shangri-La. Again many Mahalos to everyone who came out!
D&C

boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 6:42 pm   Permalink

We had a great time yesterday thanks to everyone who came out and the Vastas who worked with the Fongs at the Chef. It was a lot of fun catching up with folks we know and making new friends. As soon as we get the pictures set up we'll post some here.
-Duke and Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation