FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day in Seattle, 8/14
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
International Tiki Day in Seattle, 8/14
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 12:30 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be in Seattle for International Tiki Day... anyone interested in joining me in some way or another to celebrate our friend the Tiki? I'm going to be at a friend's wedding during the day, but I'm free in the evening. If nothing else, we can prank call the cell phones of all the Hoiti Toitis at the Lagoon Room.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 1:58 pm   Permalink

YAY, Michelle is coming!!!
Actually, I'm going to a wedding that day too, but there is a lil tiki shindig goin on that night! It's being put on by a member here. Lemme go find some info and I'll let ya know. I'm sure you are more than invited! Hope to see ya!!!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-27 9:58 pm   Permalink

hey! i think someone was throwing a party. but i cant for the life of me remember who.. gotta sort thru my mail and will let you know whats going on.. you can be my date!

otherwise, we can celebrate ITD any way you want.. whats your schedule like?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 12:17 am   Permalink

" i think someone was throwing a party. but i cant for the life of me remember who..."

Oh thanks! When i invited you all everyone said a mid-August Tupperware party was a great idea.

Actually I think it's maybe monkeyskull with a sorta Tiki bar debut or something.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 12:38 am   Permalink

I'm sure the party will be swell, but I think I'd rather do something that anyone can come to, rather than crash a private gathering.

I don't want to cannibalize the other party, maybe we can plan on meeting early/late enough for folks to do both. A meetup at Luau works well for me logistically.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 12:51 am   Permalink

By the way, I'm open to anything someone else plans. If I'm in town.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 01:10 am   Permalink

Yeah, it's me, novice Tiki Centralite monkeyskull, who is having a party Aug 14. The tikification of my place will be far from completed for this year and there will be a lot of my friends of modest tikosity there, but I'd love to have tiki centralites crash my party -- the more the better. (Either for a brief stop before trundling off to the Luau or to stay until the cops make them get a cab home.)

Tikitronic is bringing up one of his great carved signs for Pete's Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge (where Pete brilliantly employs the voodoo theme to bridge the gap between goth and tiki). Here's some more very important party info
here. And if you're interested in any updates on the event, whether you think you'll make it this time or not, drop me an email at augustparty@peterga.com and I'll add your address to the evite.

[ This Message was edited by: monkeyskull on 2004-07-28 01:16 ]

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 12:32 am   Permalink

Hi. I just want to renew my invite to any Seattle area Tiki Centralites to come by Pete's Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge this Saturday Aug 14.

The tikification of the voodoo lounge will not be complete by this year's party, but there will be alcohol, a few tiki people, a cool new tiki sign by TikiTronic, a few CDs compiled by Selector Lopaka playing, a couple banana trees and -- every few years -- one of my drunk friends falling into the koi pond. You can give me advice on the inchoate tiki room.

Details can still be found at
www.monkeyskull.net/party/

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 09:25 am   Permalink

OUCH! I just opened an e-mail from the seemingly easy going monkeyskull and got a nasty slap on the wrist for not having replied to a previous "e-invite". Be warned people: Don't push monkeyskull's sense of etiquette. I'm wearin' a tie to this shindig, just in case.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 12:19 pm   Permalink

Hi monkeyskull--thanks for the invite! I'll be sure to come by at least for a while. I may need to leave a bit early to get a chance to say hello to my non-tiki friends in Seattle.

monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-09 12:21 am   Permalink

Great to hear you'll make it Humuhumu -- I really hope to see as many Tiki Centralites as possible. (I can't believe Kirsten, of Roq la Rue and the NW Tiki Crawl, refuses to reschedule her wedding to another day to attend!)

Woofmutt, you know what the Mariners are doing this year -- what "seemingly easy going" Seattlelites are not a little testy?

puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 9:39 pm   Permalink

Selector Lopaka and I will be there, thanks for the invite ! Looking forward to seeing TC folks, and glad that Humuhumu will be in town.

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 10:33 am   Permalink

the wedding i'm going to first starts at 5, so I might not make it to the party till a bit later.
Humu, was there any verification of
going out for drinks anywere after the party?
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 11:30 am   Permalink

The wedding I'm going to will prob. wrap up at about 5 or 6, and it turns out that another dear Seattle friend is having a party late that night, so I'll be at the swell monkeyskull soiree from about 7-9 or so. Whew! It's gonna be a busy weekend!

Can't wait to see everybody!

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 11:49 am   Permalink

Humu, does the other friend throwin the party play in a surf band? If so, ya might see me there too!
hehhehehehehehe
wooohoooo
Can't wait to see ya!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation