FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day in Seattle, 8/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
International Tiki Day in Seattle, 8/14
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 09:29 am   Permalink

Thank God polypop isn't in town, or my shorts
would end up on fire, I'd get thrown in jail, my wife would get slathered in whip cream and I would have to sniff a urine soaked dog while listening to a toothless guy play bongo's. Actually, I wish he was here....

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 09:36 am   Permalink

Thanks TR --
I had a blast the last time I was in town. Can't wait to come back. Maybe your bar will be open then? If so, we'll have to come over with that toothless Jamaican guy and his urine soaked dog for another rendition of "Play that funky music" on his bongos!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-15 2:07 pm   Permalink

Great party, Monkeyskull! what a great lounge you have.. and such wonderful friends! (hey, you didnt tell all of them about Tiki Central, but that's ok, i think we recruited Joe and Mary and their friends)please forward my email to Mary, as i want to crash her next party!

nice to finally meet Sweetpea and Puamana ~ and Tikitronic and Kim ~ and to visit again with The Tiki Rivieras, Woofmutt, Selector Lopaka.

This was our first celebration of International Tiki Day, and i'm already looking forward to next years' festivitites!

thanks again!!
elicia and her lovely husband Todd.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 2:35 pm   Permalink

Ow, my monkey skull hurts! I had a little too much voodoo punch, but had a great time. Thanks to all the TCers who made it (in addition to those mentioned by dogbytes, Humuhumu and Exoticat came a little later -- am I forgeting anyone?).

As soon as I find where I left my digital camera I'll post pics of the cool carving Woofmutt gave me and the spectacular sign by Tikitronic. Thanks to Selector Lopaka for tunes and to others for the unnecessary but much appreciated tiki lounge warming gifts.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 4:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great party, Monkeyskull...it was really fun, and time just whizzed by!!

Monkeyskull definitely has a cool Voodoo-Tiki Lounge--perfect for a party--a must-see.

Glad I got the chance to mingle with some TC-ers again and meet some new people as well. Dogbytes...I really wanted to meet you but got busy with picture taking and filming--I still don't know who you are. Someone post a pic of Dogbytes, please!!

Yep, the beautiful and fun Humuhumu and I did make it...here's proof:

I will post more pics of everyone later! Thanks again, Monkeyskull.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 4:39 pm   Permalink

One more for now:

Sweetpea (left) looks gorgeous in her vintage dress and shoes. On the right side is my friend Modkitty who has been to two NW Tiki events but isn't a TC-er. Gotta love her vintage tiki dress too...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 9:54 pm   Permalink

The party was great. Before I went I thought I might spend an awkward hour there but as it turned out I was the next to last to leave. Great meeting so many TC peoples...At least 13 of us (including the misters and missuses and friends). monkeyskull's lounge has a weird but cool mix of goth and Tiki that actually works (though the giant pentagram curtain covering a mysterious back room is a liitle creepy). It's really swell when the sun has gone down and it's all moody and red inside and there's a low chanting coming from behind that curtain. (With all the extra booze left behind it might just make a great spot for a midwinter TC shindig...Hint hint.) Kudos to sweetpea who was well oiled on Voodoo Punch but started haulin' stuff in from the back yard after the guests had all gone and the host was just solid gone. She got me and tikitronic to help by giving us a stern look you'd just have been dumb to say no to. Which reminds me...monkeyskull...Where the heck do you keep your Saran wrap?

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 10:05 pm   Permalink

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-15 10:31 pm   Permalink

aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. we missed the infamous (more than fameous) humahuma! and exoticat.. argh...

todd and i were starvin (we're doing atkins, and wanted to stay non carb-y, and avoided all the yummy snackies at Monkeyskulls) so we left to find dinner. well, it was late, so we ended up being all carb-y anyways at some restaurant in the ID..

so hell. our diet was shot AND we missed out on the chanting and other late night festivities...

next time we're staying as late as woofmutt (or until the cops drag us out...)

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 10:59 pm   Permalink

This cracks me up...We're all online at the same time jabbering 'bout monkeyskull's shindig. Great pix. exoticoat, 'specially as I didn't make it into any of 'em!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 12:12 am   Permalink

Ah, bless you SweetPea and other tiki cleaning gods! I'll have to host another event if for no other reason than to fill me in on the part of the party erased from memory from by too much voodoo punch!

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 01:30 am   Permalink

Dogbytes...darn! Sorry we didn't cross paths. Unfortunately I am in way too many photos above so at the next bash you can at least ID me and come up and do or say whatever. I probably won't wear the same outfit though (unless you reaaaaalllly like it).

Woofmutt...are you forgetting that I have you on my camcorder? Oh wait, no, that's Monkeyskull that has no memory of the latter hours of the evening. snerk. I guess I better email you that "something" that we discussed (I'd hate to make you mad and you know why!!)

Monkeyskull...shouldn't you be resting? I feel tired for you! And yes, people who help clean up after parties are the best, and don't forget the early arriving people who get put to work too!

Sea-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-16 3:57 pm   Permalink

Please have another monkey! We were so sorry to miss your swell par-tee, us being practically neighbors and all! A crazy summer, but fall might be a nice time to ease the seat back and drink a voo-doo to you! M&T

View Profile of Sea-Tiki Send a personal message to Sea-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 10:41 am   Permalink

Holy Mackerel, that WAS some voodoo punch.
I'm suprised ya didn't find me sleepin next to the koi pond. heehee ( sorry if Humu and I traumatized any of the fishies!!!) hahahaah
Woof and Tiki Tronic, sorry I cracked that whip, but waking up to a huge mess is never fun, and Monkeyskull WAS nice enough to give us lotsa food and beverages. heheheheh.
The lounge was super keen, and I, along with Woof was a bit freaked out by the pentagram curtain...
I'm glad to finally meet the Dogbytes! And I'm glad the Seattle TC contingent all got together! Maybe now we will be tempted to get together more often.
Puamana and Selector, keep us posted on yer DJ nights! I work alot at night, but am always willing to try to come out when I'm off! Glad to see Miss Humu, I miss ya! And to finally meet the Rivieras! And Miss Exoticat who has posted entirely too many pictures of me. My ego is gettin BIG!
Howdy again to Miss Modkitty, I know she's not on here, but maybe someone can tell her howdy for me...
Okay, I dont' know how I remembered all this...
I do know I met a few other folks to, all very nice. Thanks again Monkeyskull, for the GREAT party!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 5:04 pm   Permalink

Puamana and I also give thanks for the hella swella time we had at Monkeyskull's sweet abode on International Tiki Day. 'Twas great meeting the Tiki Rivieras, as well as hanging with other Jet City Mucky Muck TC Ohana. We're looking forward to future NW gatherings.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation