FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki TIKI GARDENS LP!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
TIKI GARDENS LP!!!
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2002-09-30 12:43 am   Permalink

I don't check in here too often. sorry if I am not following protocol but I feel compelled to chime in on this topic

Brian
I can't believe you are such an idiot to publicly post all this crap you have been saying. Assuming that you actually believe it and are not just trying to be funny and take the piss out of everyone here I'd have to say that you must lead a VERY unhappy life.

If there is no Tiki community then why the hell do I have to answer a dozen emails a week disseminating information for free? (want me to forward them to you in case you don't believe me?) I'll tell ya why, out of the goodness of my heart, and what goes around comes around - a lot of people give me free information in return. If there is no Tiki community who are these hundreds of people who attend all my shows and who are the thousands of people who buy my magazine? Just because you have not seen it and are not part of it does not mean that it is not real.

It is a shame that you could not make it out to the Tiki Oasis in Palm Springs or the Hukilau in Atlanta, I think you would have seen the Tiki community in action. In Palm Springs all you had to do was ask for a Mai Tai and one would have appeared in your hand for FREE during the 48 hours of the event. I threw that event for free (ie I did not make one dime off it), I got the artwork for free, the entertainment was free, and of course it was one hell of a fun party. You can't buy friendships and true generosity like what was flowing that whole weekend.

Your comments about Tiki collectors not GIVING away mugs is simply untrue! I have given Tiki mugs to people and also sold them for a buck or two more than what I paid for them ($3-$4). I also have received mugs FREE from friends, in fact nearly one third of my collection is from gifts or trades!

Maybe you should unsubscribe from this list and stick to all your FRIENDS that you have from your activities on ebay. Friends that only like you and know you because you have something to buy and sell.

Your defensiveness and comments about Tiki fans being hippies and wanting you to give them your CDr for free is extreme to the point of being bizarre and actually makes you appear mentally unstable. Have you been skipping your meds again?

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 08:17 am   Permalink

Otto to the rescue!!!!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 2:38 pm   Permalink

Wow, Otto! Those still waters be running deep, eh?

Rich

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weezer2222

Posted: 2002-10-01 09:09 am   Permalink

Well I rarely go on this section ...
It truely amazes me when Tiki People are arguing.. This is truly supposed to be positive and enjoyment environment
We lounge, We entertain, We acknowledge Unity in being positive partygoers.. Thanks You Otto again for those great words in your comments.
There is to much negative vibes at the present.. Lets all stay together and just enjoy .... Jon AKA (WEEZER)

[ This Message was edited by: weezer2222 on 2002-10-01 09:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: weezer2222 on 2002-10-01 09:14 ]

View Profile of weezer2222 Send a personal message to weezer2222      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 09:58 am   Permalink

Hey I need more friends like Otto, my "current" friends never give me mugs for FREE. Actually, they don't even collect mugs, or anything tiki. I'm all alone in my little tiki world

I think what we are witnessing here is just pure passion! On both sides of the argument, and isn't that what TRUE TIKI SPIRIT is all about?

btw, I say this with tounge in cheek

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 12:01 pm   Permalink

Wow! What's been happening while I was away!?
You kids been bad! Fatuhiva, go back to your room! And Otto, don't cuss at your brother!

I must be a Hippie in Tiki's clothing, or why do I always seem to understand both sides of the argument..?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 9:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-10-01 12:01, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow! What's been happening while I was away!?
You kids been bad! Fatuhiva, go back to your room! And Otto, don't cuss at your brother!

I must be a Hippie in Tiki's clothing, or why do I always seem to understand both sides of the argument..?

Amen to that!

Here, <<<Passes Bigbro his Kahona bong-a-matic>>> This'll help.

Good to have ya back bigbro.
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 10:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2002-10-01 12:01, bigbrotiki wrote: I must be a Hippie in Tiki's clothing, or why do I always seem to understand both sides of the argument..?

Could just be a heavy Libra influence.

[ This Message was edited by: vintagegirl on 2002-10-01 22:27 ]

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 06:54 am   Permalink

...but I'm a Virgo! And I am a man, and I'm German! So to balance out that heavy combination of anal retentiveness, I needed to move to California. I think it helped, although I never became as much of a Hippie as my ex-wife.
(But my mom and my brother were both Libras.)

But enough talk about me. I'm just worried that Brian, who built my wonderful website for free and who has been a passionate and knowledgable Tiki afficionado/collector/dealer/artist and writer since the early days is soooo frustrated to behave in the way he did, and that Otto is sooo pissed.
I sincerely hope that you guys got your stuff of your chest, that you agree to disagree, and that no grudges are carried in Tikiland.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 08:39 am   Permalink

Hey Bigbrotiki! Your back! I will be sending out the two Johnny Sens mugs and "FOR FREE", and I am even going to pay postage! I have a nice "wicker" 1962 and a "smokey silver" 1967. OH and did I mention that it will be "FREE" to those who are complaining about people not doing stuff for FREE! Actually, I am doing this for Bigbro signing my book and sending it back to Mississippi. Just a way to say thank you. They will be in the mail this week Bigbro. Any comments on them will be appreciated.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2002-10-02 7:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I sincerely hope that you guys got your stuff of your chest, that you agree to disagree, and that no grudges are carried in Tikiland.

Now that's the TIKI SPIRIT BigBro!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-12 10:59 pm   Permalink

*yawn*

[ This Message was edited by: fatuhiva on 2002-10-12 23:26 ]

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-22 3:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

fatuhiva wrote: "Anyway- now none of you will hear this record, and I have to say, I'm not upset by it. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to it now, and its soothing sounds are ever the more sweet knowing they will never fall on the ears of the unworthy."

I'm hearing it right now, chief, and if you are going to base your whole existence around it, then I pity you.

This sounds like music from a 1940's skating rink.

How much did you pay for the vinyl again?

Trader Woody
[Edited by hanford to fix the quote tags]

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-10-22 19:38 ]

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-22 4:23 pm   Permalink

That is the perfect comparison! I couldn't put my finger on what this CD reminded me of! Roller skating rink in the 40's! That's so right on!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chris y
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-10-22 7:16 pm   Permalink

This is Chris y, I own tikigardens.com. I don't follow tikiroom, but there's been alot going on with the TG lp and cd copies recently, my partner has kept me apprised and suggested I start following posts, so I have.
Ernie isn't 'breaking into his piggybank' to transfer the lp to cd; his son in law and I are financing this venture, although he's thrilled that there's an interest in his work 35 years after the fact. Dawntiki, you may be right, we might get our clocks cleaned in the process, but justifying copying the cd by saying 'it's no different than copying cassettes in 7th grade' is disingenuous and insulting.
Ernie has been logging in to your site for the past week because he can't believe there's still an interest in TG. It's your site, do what you want,but if you pirate the man's music why don't you think about paying him the courtesy of refraining from personal insults ('would I listen to it again anytime soon? Probably not.') regarding the lp. Dawntiki- tangaroa was only trying to do the right thing; and you? The price of everything and the value of nothing, and you're mean spirited at that. Chris y

View Profile of chris y Send a personal message to chris y  Email chris y Goto the website of chris y     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation