FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Wal-Mart Tiki?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Wal-Mart Tiki?
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 7:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Brando...

How'd you get the top off to remove the stub off the battery?

-Slacks

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 8:46 pm   Permalink

Stub...? I don't think I removed a stub... I got the whole solar panel/battery pack out from the top, but I didn't take anything off like that. Maybe I should?

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rwhgeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-16 3:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-15 19:46, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
checked 2 walmarts in the chicago area and they have nothin!!!...guess this is gonna be another situation like home depot where all the tikis are offered on the west coast and none in the midwest....

looks like we miss out again.....

I was bored at lunch so checked the local Walmart here in Richmond VA. No tiki to be found

View Profile of rwhgeek Send a personal message to rwhgeek  Email rwhgeek Goto the website of rwhgeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 7:13 pm   Permalink

This is the tiki in question. I'm guessing it's about 18" tall. It sat out in the sun all day but it seems to have vitually no charge. It may be that I have to wait till dark. Still, no stub. Should there be a stub?

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 1:09 pm   Permalink

According to the instruction sheet, there is a small stub in the battery compartment that needs to be removed. I still havent't done that yet because I can't get the #^&K'n thing off the top of the head...but I haven't given up...

I would imagine once you get the stupid thing out, the stub would be located right where the batteries make the positive pole connection. That would then need to be removed.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 8:53 pm   Permalink

Hmmm... I didn't see a stub, nor did I spend much time looking at the instructions. To get the top off, I just got my nails in under it and pulled up slowly. Don't worry about breaking the top; it's pretty sturdy. Too bad it doesn't seem to get that bright. Oh well, it's fun and cheap!

Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 8:53 pm   Permalink

Hmmm... I didn't see a stub, nor did I spend much time looking at the instructions. To get the top off, I just got my nails in under it and pulled up slowly. Don't worry about breaking the top; it's pretty sturdy. Too bad it doesn't seem to get that bright. Oh well, it's fun and cheap!

Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 8:56 pm   Permalink

Well, I don't know how that happened!

TikiMaster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-19 8:53 pm   Permalink

I just came across some Tiki products at a Walmart in Las Vegas...there could be more in other states but not sure!

I hope this helps!

View Profile of TikiMaster Send a personal message to TikiMaster  Email TikiMaster Goto the website of TikiMaster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JanetMermaid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 08:51 am   Permalink

Oh. My. God.

As much as I hate MallWart I think I have to check out my local store.

Quote:

On 2008-04-19 20:53, TikiMaster wrote:
I just came across some Tiki products at a Walmart in Las Vegas...there could be more in other states but not sure!

I hope this helps!

View Profile of JanetMermaid Send a personal message to JanetMermaid  Goto the website of JanetMermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 09:26 am   Permalink

Is that really at a Walmart?!?!?!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 09:46 am   Permalink

We definitely don't have a set-up like that up here!

Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 12:37 pm   Permalink

On a slightly unrelated note, I just wanted everyone to see what it looks like in Edmonton today. Look at my poor tiki now! Looks like Wal-Mart jumped the gun a little on rolling out this season's garden supplies...

Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 1:06 pm   Permalink

Big mistake. Now I know where you live.

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 1:13 pm   Permalink

well...duh!!! ......of course walmart of hawaii has a whole tiki display!!!!! good luck finding a walmart that has tikis like that on the mainland......

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation