FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What's Your Biggest Unsubstantiated Fear?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
What's Your Biggest Unsubstantiated Fear?
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 3:57 pm   Permalink

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 4:08 pm   Permalink

Hehe, I was walking down the sidewalk past a local mime when some crazy guy goes singing and skipping by, the mime says to me,

"And I thought "I" was weird!"

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki God Todd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-29 4:27 pm   Permalink

I'm 35 and have no clue what the hell I'm gonna do with my life.

But someone once said, "some of the most interesting 40 year olds you'll ever meet are the ones still trying to figure out what the hell they are gonna do with their life."

So I got That goin for me......which is kinda nice.

Oh yeah, and snakes.

Tiki God Todd
* The Aloha Tiki Lounge *

View Profile of Tiki God Todd Send a personal message to Tiki God Todd  Email Tiki God Todd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 4:41 pm   Permalink

Machtiki,

I directed a short film about a cult of mimes who... ah never mind.

I'm ascared of Hollandaise sause.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:14 am   Permalink

I've never really cared for spiders with teeth, and "Return of the King" only hightened my fear. That old Shelob gave me the heebie geebies.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 10:43 am   Permalink

Getting bitten by a shark. After seeing those photos from the "Creatures of the deep" thread, well, I got lots more to worry about.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 11:28 am   Permalink

you've already said too much...move to France (yes, this is a joke)

Quote:

On 2004-07-29 15:41, donhonyc wrote:
My biggest fear is political.....so I will not say.

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:07 pm   Permalink

I have a substantiated fear of people who think that Thomas Kincaide is "a great artist."

My UNsubstantiated (irrational) fear is of uncurtained windows at night - something being able to see or "get" me. I have frequent nightmares about this; where I"m only safe if I can find a hidden corner where I can't be seen from outside through the windows.

Oddly, I've never been stalked nor have ever illegally grown any illegal substances at home - so I have no idea where this fear comes from.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:33 pm   Permalink

Is anyone watching "Penn and Teller's Bullshit!" on Showtime?

In the show they debunk popular beliefs and myths using science and expert testimony. In a recent show they covered irrational fears. I think the most outlandish fear they covered was "mad cow" disease. In a nutshell, there have only been a handful of cases worldwide in the last 30 years of the strain that affects humans, and not a shred of evidence that any of the victims got it from eating beef from cattle that had "mad cow". Even if you were to obtain beef from a diseased animal (which is extremely unlikely) you can't get the disease from eating it.

Other shows covered new-age cults (a hilarious episode), beauty treatments, recycling, love, animal rights, and the drug war.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-30 12:33, thejab wrote:
Is anyone watching "Penn and Teller's Bullshit!" on Showtime?

In the show they debunk popular beliefs and myths using science and expert testimony.

This sounds a lot like "Mythbusters" on the Discovery Channel. Bring it on!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 1:32 pm   Permalink

Ordering at drive-thru windows. I'm not kidding, I'm on my VERY BEST behavior when talking to those things because of what they can do to your food if they sense the SLIGHTEST LITTLE SLIVER of sarcasm - I mean, even if you don't mean it...it...it's just that, I never mean to stutter or cough or clear my throat... it just happens....or....or..."what did they think when I said that?"... "should I repeat the order?"..."if I do, will they think that I think that they are stupid?"... I just don't know quite, how...what the....FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!....but....

Okay, just settle down.

Take a deep breath.

Don't worry, Sam.

See, it's alright, isn't it?

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee

Posted: 2004-07-30 2:01 pm   Permalink

I also have the fear that one day, due to all our excessive habits, the great well of Rum will finally run dry. We'll only be let with empty bottles and empty dreams.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2004-07-30 2:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-30 13:32, Sam Gambino wrote:
Ordering at drive-thru windows. I'm not kidding, I'm on my VERY BEST behavior when talking to those things because of what they can do to your food if they sense the SLIGHTEST LITTLE SLIVER of sarcasm - I mean, even if you don't mean it...it...it's just that, I never mean to stutter or cough or clear my throat... it just happens....or....or..."what did they think when I said that?"... "should I repeat the order?"..."if I do, will they think that I think that they are stupid?"... I just don't know quite, how...what the....FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!....but....

Don't ever read Tony Bourdaine's "Kitchen Confidential" or the book "Fast Food Nation" - those will only increase your fear.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 3:29 pm   Permalink

Following cement trucks ... eventhough my husband has explained to me very reasonably why it is a ridiculous fear.

vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 10:17 pm   Permalink

horror vacui

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation