FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What's Your Biggest Unsubstantiated Fear?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
What's Your Biggest Unsubstantiated Fear?
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-01 4:53 pm   Permalink

Dogbytes wrote I dont even like looking at photos.
Then don't look at these.

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2004-08-01 16:54 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-01 5:26 pm   Permalink

have i mentioned lately that i hate you?

love
elicia

ps: my husband came a runnin' when he heard me wail..
hate you. and snails. damn you all..

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-01 9:00 pm   Permalink

I fear that Big Brother Bong started this thread in order to know precisely what our "Room 101" fear is.
My biggest fear, which is NOT unsubstantiated, is that a flying roach will land on me. And that it will crunch. They are big, airborn, and crunchy 'round these parts.

Poisonous spiders? No prob.
Venomous vipers? Cool.
Cockroach?

I am outta there.

Oh, and it is BULLSH*T that there is a difference between roaches and "palmetto bugs" or "waterbugs." They are all f***ing ROACHES.

*shudder*

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini on 2004-08-01 21:05 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 01:16 am   Permalink

Old age...dementia...painful death...eternal damnation.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-08-02 09:10 am   Permalink

Hey Shipwreck,

I'm with you bruddah, I just know my demise won't be dispatched quickly, but rather over a long and gloriously painful measure of time...

(actually, I'm afriad of dementia also; I fear being gone mentally and doing weird things to myself in public...)

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-08-02 09:12 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 10:35 am   Permalink

Man, I forgot about the brain part.

I always had a way of approaching situations regarding this that actually helped reduce my worries.

One day as a youngster, I asked myself about the worst thing that could happen to me. I came up with: "I suffer some grave and horribly painful injury that renders me unable to move or communicate, but my brain is still intact. I would be able to feel the horrible pain as I rot in some nursing home but would not be able to do anything except endure until I waste away and die, only to find out that there is a Vengeful God and He/She thinks it would be amusing to make the situation last for eternity."

The helpful part:

Whenever I think about doing something socially stupid or some normal activity that I should be worried about, I always ask myself, "Self, what's the worst thing that could happen?"

Well, the answer is always, "Painful injury, incapaciated, suffering, Vengeful God..."

See?

Instead of being worked up about how some talk or presentation will turn out, the outcome of those things pales in comparison to "Paralyzed, terrible pain, rotting, Vengeful God..." and I relax. No matter how things turn out, it is always way better than my worst case scenario and I am happy.

An even deeper fear: Knowing te above to be the worst thing possible changed when I had kids. Now THERE is a situation rife with fear - that something could befall the kiddos. But keeping this on a totally self-absorbed level, the "Pain, rotting, Vengeful God" thing still ranks.

One thing you should keep in mind should this fear/coping thing seem to apply to you: Tell all your friends and family that if you are ever totally paralyzed and rotting in terminal care that they have to slip you some acid or ecstacy, put pot in your ventilator, or administer your drug of choice on a regular or daily basis to make the situation a little better. Securing that promise from whoever can be very reassuring.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 11:50 am   Permalink

I am terrified that I will not be able to repair my time machine and return to my home in the distant future.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 2:28 pm   Permalink

King Kuke's facial hair....

But seriously, for some reason I hate when drawers are left open. Not really a fear as such, more of a mild OC disorder. I just have to close an open drawer when I see one. Maybe it's some kind of repressed superstition?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 2:35 pm   Permalink

The smell of (artificial) green apple. No, seriously. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but I still get a general fear-based unease if I smell green apple.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 2:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-02 14:28, Tiki-bot wrote:
for some reason I hate when drawers are left open. I just have to close an open drawer when I see one. Maybe it's some kind of repressed superstition?

Here TikiBot. Have fun!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 2:47 pm   Permalink

Mentioned it here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4954&forum=6&vpost=45730
And according to this site, maybe it's not unsubstantiated after all!
http://www.uncoveror.com/potty.htm

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 4:18 pm   Permalink

Cucumbers and watermelon. YUCK!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 4:49 pm   Permalink

M O T H E R ! ! !

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 5:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:10 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 5:12 pm   Permalink

Can you think of anybody who'd know MORE about toilets?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation